Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM
* Ace Member *

I just picked up 4 more board flat Neutron Axis 175-176g (2red/2pale yellow) to go with the one I got on Tues. I've always liked the Axis, but these are just better for my game all around than any of the versions I have. They have just a tick more HSS and are faster and longer on a low line. It was the most intuitive mid I've thrown from MVP...I do already know how to thrown an Axis, but I just felt an incredible amount of touch with this disc right away. It won't replace my flippy FR Axis for shorter and more understable duties (the Ns are a little dangerous on holes under 260' for me right now due to their desire to fly farther). I will be throwing these new ones a great deal more though. I love the speed and range.

I feel the exact same way about the new flat 173-174 Neutron Vectors, which I've already detailed in previous posts. These new Axis/Vectors are going to be my main 1-2 midrange punch for the foreseeable future. The are almost fairway drivers, but also power down (probably due to flatness and lower weight) awesome as well...Just a little flick of the wrist and my Vector holds it's line with a prominent and gliding fade and my Axis just holds it's line into it's almost dead in the air. I've yet to get these out into the open to see how far I can bomb them, but I suspect it's going to be farther than I've thrown an MVP disc yet (though I'll have Volts with me, so that won't last long if at all).
Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
My flattened Neutron Axis flies much straighter now. Definitely helped with the stability. I'll have keep it in the bag and use it for a while though to really see how it does.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by magilla311 View Post
After seeing the video, what's your opinion? What are its pros &cons? What stability/speed ratings would you give it? How does it compare to the vector/axis?
More comparable to a longer flat Axis than a Vector. I'd estimate 9/6/-1/1 based on the windy round I played. I like the disc a lot, it fills a gap that's tough to fill...something long and neutral without a ton of fade when powered down or a lot of flip powered up. It is totally unique how it pushes forward when it slows down and fades out. The flight at the last 10% of the throw is going to make it stand out a lot from any other driver.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 87
Kind of hard to navigate all the volt info when its spread over three separate threads. Wish a mod could clean it up a little.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Kind of hard to navigate all the volt info when its spread over three separate threads. Wish a mod could clean it up a little.
All you need to know is that it will make you a disc golf legend.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
All you need to know is that it will make you a disc golf legend.
Well come on BigSky, that's a gimme...It's made by MVP.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Birdie Member

I'm liking what I see. It looks like it goes where you want or at least where your release angle wanted it to go.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
@ MikeC - What weights were those Volts?

And thanks for the video!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 AM
* Ace Member *

175 yellow, 175 light pink, 172 dark pink, 170 blue.
Closed Thread