Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
for some reason, neutron feels slick to me . just like proton does which is why i never got used to mvp discs. could be i just have greasy hands but not once did i ever hold mvp plastic and think it was grippy .
Even softs? Softs are super grippy IMO. Regular, not so much. Neutron is ok but it's not grippy enough for my putting style.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
for some reason, neutron feels slick to me . just like proton does which is why i never got used to mvp discs. could be i just have greasy hands but not once did i ever hold mvp plastic and think it was grippy .
This is exactly how I'm feeling. I have tried every MVP plastic version and the neutron is propably the slickest one. I'm sure that there is something wrong with my fingers (too slick and dry) and propably northern climate has something to do with this issue (I'm living in Finland). Latitude's Zeroline plastic feels good to me.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
So, I recently got an Eclipse Proton Axis, which completes my MVP lineup. However, it has a bead on it that's just slightly smaller than the bead on my Proton Vector. The disc also has pretty much no high speed turn. It flies extremely straight, but never turns right when thrown flat.

Does this sound normal? Or did the outer molding fit a bit high on the underside of the rim to reveal more of a bead than there should be?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Normal, take it and beat it till it turns. Parking lot thumbers and skip shots should do the trick.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM
* Ace Member *

^^^^Good advice.

The Axis is MVP's neutral mid...Some start out with and most will develop some high speed turn, but once the Axis is done with it's initial turn it's going to lock onto it's line for the rest of it's flight. Hopefully we'll get a true understable mid from MVP in the next year.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 37
How is the Vector supposed to fly? I got an Eclipse Proton Vector (176g) and it flies understable with a late fade. Is that how they all fly? I may have a little OAT, but not enough to cause a visible wobble.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
How is the Vector supposed to fly? I got an Eclipse Proton Vector (176g) and it flies understable with a late fade. Is that how they all fly? I may have a little OAT, but not enough to cause a visible wobble.
None of them have flown anything like that in my experience...The Vector and understable should never be in the same sentence. They are QUITE sensitive to even a little OAT though. Keep throwing it and really concentrate on how the disc is coming out of your hand. After some reps you should get comfortable with the grip and that micro amount of OAT (which almost everyone has when learning a new mold due to tiny variation in how a slightly different shape disc fits in your hand) should iron out and the Vector should be dead straight with a late fade instead of understable with a late fade.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
* Ace Member *

I picked up a bunch of Neutron Axis/Vectors from CDGS as backups because they have become my main two mids.

I've got 5 flat 176 N Axis (2 dayglow yellow, 3 red) and they are completely different from the Protons and more of what I wanted the Axis to be all along...A more gyro Buzzz. These are so much faster than the Protons that I would rate them a whole point in speed faster. They aren't quite as fast as a 2FR Buzzz, but they are as fast or faster than your average Z Buzzz. They have about the same HSS as a Z Buzzz with perhaps a touch less LSS. They seem to glide/float a bit better than a Z Buzzz at mid to low speeds (closer to X Buzzz). Anyway, if you haven't caught on to the theme, MVP finally made me a Buzzz! All 5 of these discs (especially the yellows) remind me much more of a Buzzz than they do their proton brethren. I have to believe that Neutron plastic is molding truer and this is more what Chad had in mind when he designed the Axis.

I also grabbed 5 (3 orange/2red) flat 174 Neutron Vectors. When I was a Buzzz thrower, this was the overstable mid I was searching for as a compliment but never quite found. They are really fast out of the hand, almost fairway driver fast. Under power they fly fast and straight and hold their line/height/nose angle as true as anything. As soon as they start to slow the fade kicks in. Since they are fast and light, the fade gets both good glide and a lot of lateral movement. They've been working great for hard anny shots that need to fight out, as well as low ceilings, straight shots into the wind, and any other sort of line shaping that the Axis doesn't like.

As excited as I am about the Volt, I don't want these discs to simply get outshined.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
None of them have flown anything like that in my experience...The Vector and understable should never be in the same sentence. They are QUITE sensitive to even a little OAT though. Keep throwing it and really concentrate on how the disc is coming out of your hand. After some reps you should get comfortable with the grip and that micro amount of OAT (which almost everyone has when learning a new mold due to tiny variation in how a slightly different shape disc fits in your hand) should iron out and the Vector should be dead straight with a late fade instead of understable with a late fade.
I have to agree with discspeed. I was out throwing some FHs last week and noticed that with my Vector and my FH ability. I do have a little OAT FH, and MVP's discs showed that the most. I was throwing Aviars, Anodes, a buzzz, Axis, and Vectors. The Vectors flipped up from a hyzer and faded hard as they slowed. The same discs don't flip AT ALL when I throw BH.

I also remember having a bit of OAT issue early the first day when I threw the Axis (BH). After just one round, I had gotten it dialed in and got the great straight flights out of it. The Vector on the other hand, I had it down from the first throw. Maybe getting an Axis first helped with that though.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Hey everyone. Not too long ago I lost my Proton Vector and I want to get a new one. In terms of the different plastics options available, how do they compare? Is the stability that different between each plastic. I'm only buying one, so I wanted to hear from you guys how the different Vectors compare. Thanks.
Closed Thread