Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyeric View Post
Hey everyone. Not too long ago I lost my Proton Vector and I want to get a new one. In terms of the different plastics options available, how do they compare? Is the stability that different between each plastic. I'm only buying one, so I wanted to hear from you guys how the different Vectors compare. Thanks.
The lightweight neutron vectors have been described as the fastest and most workable.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
I have to agree with discspeed. I was out throwing some FHs last week and noticed that with my Vector and my FH ability. I do have a little OAT FH, and MVP's discs showed that the most. I was throwing Aviars, Anodes, a buzzz, Axis, and Vectors. The Vectors flipped up from a hyzer and faded hard as they slowed. The same discs don't flip AT ALL when I throw BH.

I also remember having a bit of OAT issue early the first day when I threw the Axis (BH). After just one round, I had gotten it dialed in and got the great straight flights out of it. The Vector on the other hand, I had it down from the first throw. Maybe getting an Axis first helped with that though.
Makes sense... I'll keep at it. It's one of my only glow discs at the moment so I'll likely get a lot of use out of it this winter!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyeric View Post
Hey everyone. Not too long ago I lost my Proton Vector and I want to get a new one. In terms of the different plastics options available, how do they compare? Is the stability that different between each plastic. I'm only buying one, so I wanted to hear from you guys how the different Vectors compare. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
The lightweight neutron vectors have been described as the fastest and most workable.
Out of the Vectors in my collection the Protons are all around more overstable. The Neutrons are faster, take less power to hold their line, and fade later. The Neutrons also seem much flatter in general. I know there are flat protons, but moderately domey seems to be the norm. The Neutrons on the other hand seem primarily flat. The lighter flat Neutron Vectors have a surprising about of glide and are my personal favs for most conditions. The one in my bag is fire-orange and 174.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 28
The neutron vectors are $$$

I was just about as impressed with them as I was with the Volt

The neutron was more roc, whole the early protons were more sentinel or hornet
Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post

Yeah, I can't believe how much more usable those Neutron Vectors are out of the box. The lighter ones really boom as well...It's like Sentinel speed with Roc stability...In fact I've been pulling some shots off that I don't remember executing since I had an old seasoned yellow Q-sent in my bag (anhyzer shots that hold their line for half the flight and then come all the way back out). It's going to be really nice to have a Proton on the bookend of stability and a couple of Neutrons of different stabilities alongside it.

If you have not grabbed one of the yellow or red 176 flat N Axis you absolutely must...Really special mid for all things line holding.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post

Zach, I plan on hitting DN this weekend to try out just that disc. ....and the Volt. Hope you have some lighter N Vectors in the shop.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 28
Hope we have them for ya. Not sure there is anything under low 170s. I'll be doing my best out at Players Cup, so it's not my fault if we are out haha
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 16
No worries. 172 was what I was after anyway. Just want to fling one to be completely sure I will like it. Already pretty sure I will.

Tear em up at the PC.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

oh so everyone likes neutrons now

Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
oh so everyone likes neutrons now

haha i just put that same ion back in the bag for putting duties, i feel like i have been re united with an old friend.

thems looking great.
Closed Thread