^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

keep the faith

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Let's see some seasoned MVP!

Here's my Ion! It's been in the bag since they first came out in eclipse last year. Gyroscopic annies are something that is hard to describe but if you put some snap on an understable Ion it creates a long sweeping, hard turn that screams around corners like it's on rails.

Anyone else beat the crap out of their indestructible discs with the fancy rims?
Did you beat that to under stable naturally or with "help"?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 72
Just curious. I currently throw S Proton Ions, "Stormtroopers," 3rd runs, non-textured bottom, however you want to describe them. They are slightly softer than regular Proton Ions, IMO. I'm in the market for some backups. I don't need identical flight, but just curious what the differences are between the different plastics. I have tried a N Anode, and I like the opaque plastic, and it had a nice feel, but I still think I would prefer something slightly softer. So what are the diffences between the current run Proton softs, Eclipse softs, and if anyone has tried the new Neutron softs? Compared to my older run ones, too if you have knowledge of those. Also, further, do any certain colors fly differently/better than others or are flatter or domier?

Last edited by Bardu; 10-19-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

If you can go someplace and feel some there are probably some of the Neutron Ions that are softer than others. My friend has a blue Neutron Ion and it feels exactly like the run you are describing. He has already used it quite a bit, so I don't know if it got softer with use or if it was like that when he bought it. Soft Proton feels a lot different than any of the old opaques. I have not felt the soft Neutron yet...Something tells me it's going to be really soft though.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 72
How about Eclipse? Are certain plastics more stable/understable? I had a couple of N Anodes and they were significantly stiffer than my Ions.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Just curious. I currently throw S Proton Ions, "Stormtroopers," 3rd runs, non-textured bottom, however you want to describe them. They are slightly softer than regular Proton Ions, IMO. I'm in the market for some backups. I don't need identical flight, but just curious what the differences are between the different plastics. I have tried a N Anode, and I like the opaque plastic, and it had a nice feel, but I still think I would prefer something slightly softer. So what are the diffences between the current run Proton softs, Eclipse softs, and if anyone has tried the new Neutron softs? Compared to my older run ones, too if you have knowledge of those. Also, further, do any certain colors fly differently/better than others or are flatter or domier?
I just got 2 S Neutrons in the mail today. They are soft and awesome. Perhaps softer than the S Proton. I didn't compare side by side though, so I don't know for sure.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
How about Eclipse? Are certain plastics more stable/understable? I had a couple of N Anodes and they were significantly stiffer than my Ions.
Eclipse discs share the exact same core as the reg proton discs, and I haven't found the overmold to make them feel any different. As far as stability goes, I don't think there are any real rules. There are two basic tells with MVP discs so far (I'm not sure if this will apply to the Volt)...First the overmold can sit microscopically higher or lower on the mids/putters to raise or lower the PLH and expose more or less of the bead. The other is the dome height. In general with all MVP's mids and putters the higher the dome the more overstable the disc will be, and the flatter the more straight to understable they will be.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESH_WAVE View Post
I just got 2 S Neutrons in the mail today. They are soft and awesome. Perhaps softer than the S Proton. I didn't compare side by side though, so I don't know for sure.
The ones I tried Wednesday were much more flexible than the S Proton I had in hand. I just checked tracking and my S Neutrons will be here today.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
N Anode are nice for putting in south Florida (when it was humid and hot like 88 degrees) but up in north in Maryland where it is quite cool like 65 degrees, I prefer soft E Anodes. So I will be looking forward trying soft N Anodes for cooler weather.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
The ones I tried Wednesday were much more flexible than the S Proton I had in hand. I just checked tracking and my S Neutrons will be here today.
Yeah I just got to compare mine to a friends S Proton today and mine were definitely softer than his.
Closed Thread