Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
I've been looking for soft neutron anodes? Where can I find them all I see are soft neutron ions and medium neutron anodes?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
They are not out but hopefully will be released soon.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by denglish1809 View Post
Ive got a MVP question for the "MVPers" I have seen pics of a First Run ION I believe, Does the First Run throw different from other runs? Such as an Innova first run are different from other runs. I have gathered knowledge that MVP is all about consistency. Is this First Run just in demand because it is a first run or because it throws different?

Edit: should have said a few questions lol
First runs fly a little different...They are super glidey and understable if powered. They have almost no bead exposed and the overmolds weren't perfectly symmetrical like they are now. As far as the demand goes I imagine it's much more a collector thing than a thrower thing.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
First runs fly a little different...They are super glidey and understable if powered. They have almost no bead exposed and the overmolds weren't perfectly symmetrical like they are now. As far as the demand goes I imagine it's much more a collector thing than a thrower thing.
Absolutely. Current run MVP discs are a lot easier to find, cheaper, and super consistent among each other.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflores View Post
How do you guys like the feel of neutron plastic 30 feet or less?
The feel of my Neutron discs doesn't seem to change within 30 feet.

Personally I think soft Proton still grips better than Neutron for putting, but I've yet to feel soft Neutron. My Neutron Anodes have quickly become my hands down favorites for driving though.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Bogey Member

How different is Neutron to the plastic used on the early Ion's that came out? Not necessarily first run, but when they were opaque.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
My opaque regular Ion feels very similar to my Neutron Anodes. They don't feel exactly like one another, but they feel closer to me than current regular proton versus Neutron.

Discspeed, I tried out the last Soft Proton Anode I used for a dedicated putter for a few rounds but ended up switching back to my yellow Neutron. They just feel so smooth and consistent coming out of my hand on a putt, but giving the softs another go made me realize how much I like driving them. Funny how we roll the opposite with our Anodes. Wonder what we'll each do if they put out S Neutron Anodes?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
I FINALLY got a chance to throw my N Axis today after 3 weeks of my poor bag waiting to go out and play.

Even for my noodle arm, it does seem to be a bit more stable than the Proton, and finish with a very slight fade. I'm not going to say it's that much greater than Proton, but the little added grip of the Neutron makes it worth keeping in the bag.

Once my X Comet beats in more, the Vector, Axis, Comet combo will take care of any midrange needs I have.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Discspeed, I tried out the last Soft Proton Anode I used for a dedicated putter for a few rounds but ended up switching back to my yellow Neutron. They just feel so smooth and consistent coming out of my hand on a putt, but giving the softs another go made me realize how much I like driving them. Funny how we roll the opposite with our Anodes. Wonder what we'll each do if they put out S Neutron Anodes?
I just think the softs have the most "loft" or glide at low speeds. I can barely put any forward momentum on my throw and just spin them and they fly beautifully. I especially like approaching and driving with the softs under 250' as they just seem easier for me to range. I am really curious about the soft N Anodes...

Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
My opaque regular Ion feels very similar to my Neutron Anodes. They don't feel exactly like one another, but they feel closer to me than current regular proton versus Neutron.
Thanks Mike. When you say they don't feel exactly like one another, would you say that the Neutron is a grippier plastic?
Closed Thread