Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 72
I have old opaque Ions and compared to a N Anode, I would say they grip is pretty similiar. The overmold feels much stiffer than my S Ion. I prefer the grip on my old Ions, but that may because they are nicely seasoned.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Whats the best way to flatten or just slightly lower dome on Neutron plastic?

Boil in water? Oven? etc.. i want to know what someone has done to successfully do this with good results.

PLEASE no "I heard <insert method here> works good"... I want a reply from someone who has done this and can explain how to do it.

Thank you!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Whats the best way to flatten or just slightly lower dome on Neutron plastic?

Boil in water? Oven? etc.. i want to know what someone has done to successfully do this with good results.

PLEASE no "I heard <insert method here> works good"... I want a reply from someone who has done this and can explain how to do it.

Thank you!
Boil up about 3 cups of water. Flip disc upside down. Fill with boiling water. Let sit til cool. Flattened my pink neutron axis and ion very well. No weight needed.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Boil up about 3 cups of water. Flip disc upside down. Fill with boiling water. Let sit til cool. Flattened my pink neutron axis and ion very well. No weight needed.
Thank you for that +Karma
Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Thank you for that +Karma
EDIT:

Alright i just tried this method and it worked GREAT!

I have this nice flat low profile red vector that i love and it flies so much better than my orange/white ones, but after doing this dome fix the domey ones are EXACTLY the same dome as the red one now!! i cant wait to take these out tomorrow and test them

The dome is still there, its just at a normal level and not all popped out.. this is great.

If they fly like im hoping tomorrow, im going to do this with all my MVP discs

Old 10-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Is it normal that my anode fights wind better than my ions? i thought that with the ions being slightly more overstable they would fight the wind better than the anode but thats not the case. in a slight headwind (10 mph?) my soft proton anode isnt affected by the wind at all but all of my ions turn and burn. i have 2 textured soft ions, 2 neutron, 1 proton and 1 eclipse. and all of them do the same in the wind. all the discs are around 175 g. is this normal?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM

I'm really trying to love these MVP discs and I have purchased too many of them. But. I feel that especially the putters are way to slippery/slick for putting purposes. (There is nothing wrong when driving.) Is there anything what I can do to make MVP plastic feel more tacky? At the moment my putting is way too inconsistent with Neutron Anode and it seems that I can't get enough spin to my putts. This seems to affect also to my release and a disc flying pattern during the putt is closer to a wounded duck than a laser.

I would like to have an all MVP bag but now it seems impossible. For reference I do like the Lat64 zeroline-plastic and Prodiscus Basic Jokeri.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
I believe some have cleaned the discs with Windex to get a tackier feel, but hopefully someone else can confirm that.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

I don't have a problem with grip on Neutron plastic. I never did with proton either, i think some people have different skin perhaps that doesn't grip this type of plastic as well. If you have very dry hands, try using hand lotion to hydrate your fingers for a good grip on the slick feeling plastic and you should be fine.

My hands are naturaly sweaty, hydrated, oily, so i think this is why i like the neutron plastic so much.. its very tacky to me.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornRadio42 View Post
Is it normal that my anode fights wind better than my ions? i thought that with the ions being slightly more overstable they would fight the wind better than the anode but thats not the case. in a slight headwind (10 mph?) my soft proton anode isnt affected by the wind at all but all of my ions turn and burn. i have 2 textured soft ions, 2 neutron, 1 proton and 1 eclipse. and all of them do the same in the wind. all the discs are around 175 g. is this normal?
No, I wouldn't say this is normal. I have thrown both and I think they both fight the wind well, but the Ion excels there whereas the Anode is proficient. So I would say its the archer not the arrow here. From throwing the Ion for a while, I'd say try hyzering it more, throwing it slower, or work on any OAT you might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
I'm really trying to love these MVP discs and I have purchased too many of them.
If you wanna get rid of any MVP, PM me I'll trade or buy.
Closed Thread