Get Out The VOLT!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Now we just need MVP's answer to the river...........maybe named the jolt?

I don't know abuout you, but I am getting very similar flights out of the Volt as I do my River. I think the only difference is a few feet. The Volt seems to be sitting in the already small gap between my GL Flow and GL River as far as distance is concerned, and is pretty much the same stability as both of them.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

heyyyyy so since i got an ace with my only vector i can justify buying a new one... right?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
heyyyyy so since i got an ace with my only vector i can justify buying a new one... right?
Most definitely. Two of my three aces are with MVP. Weirdly enough, I was disappointed in the non-MVP ace. I instantly found myself wishing I'd thrown my Vector and not my Buzzz.

Now I'm rolling with all-MVP, so any ace that comes will feel right to me. My Volts are aces waiting to happen...
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just got my volt today. white 175g (thank gosh i didn't get that flippy pink one). Heading out for the course after i finish my pipe, just thought I would share my excitement about finally holding it, and hopefully with have some praising words later.

Side note: Just excited about the wizard in my hands too.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm planning on getting soft anode soon! Pretty psyched for that; it looks like such a good disc. I also plan on getting the volt within this year. Anyone know if they have any plans to sell a Eclipse Volt mold(and if so anytime soon)? Sorry if I'm being a noob (just kind of curious).
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
We're not sure if they will eventually release Eclipse in the Neutron series. BUT, if they release the Volt in Proton, I'm sure it'll also be run in Eclipse.

I just want to see the Volt in Proton to see what stamp Zam comes up with.

How about a Proton Soft Volt.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
I don't know abuout you, but I am getting very similar flights out of the Volt as I do my River. I think the only difference is a few feet. The Volt seems to be sitting in the already small gap between my GL Flow and GL River as far as distance is concerned, and is pretty much the same stability as both of them.
I guess I'm just hoping for a predominantly understable MVP disc. My GL River is beat in so I was using that as a benchmark.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I guess I'm just hoping for a predominantly understable MVP disc. My GL River is beat in so I was using that as a benchmark.
My bet is we see a more stable driver before a less stable one. With the Volt being fairly workable and versatile, and the putters and mids going neutral/OS, I would put the next driver in the OS category.

That being said, I don't think we'll see the next driver for awhile. MVP can put out the Volt in Proton, which will hold people over, then again in Eclipse. If they can slam the glow overmold on the Neutron discs, they've got another hit. So they can keep producing new products and take their time developing their next disc. It worked for the Volt, and it will likely work again.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
My bet is we see a more stable driver before a less stable one. With the Volt being fairly workable and versatile, and the putters and mids going neutral/OS, I would put the next driver in the OS category.

That being said, I don't think we'll see the next driver for awhile. MVP can put out the Volt in Proton, which will hold people over, then again in Eclipse. If they can slam the glow overmold on the Neutron discs, they've got another hit. So they can keep producing new products and take their time developing their next disc. It worked for the Volt, and it will likely work again.
While you may be right, there's no reason why they couldn't be working on another driver that will use the same core as the Volt. Still holding out on my prediction that they'll announce it before the year's end.
Closed Thread