Old 08-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
Will MVP be at the Worlds? Any chance I could throw a Vector or Axis there?
I might have been unclear. Will MVP be at the Pro worlds in Santa Cruz?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Will MVP be at the Pro worlds in Santa Cruz?
Unfortunately we personally will not be there as we are busy working on some new developments.

Nonetheless, I believe a few of our vendors will be carrying our products there.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
MVP Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
Unfortunately we personally will not be there as we are busy working on some new developments.

Nonetheless, I believe a few of our vendors will be carrying our products there.
Correction. We had a few Vendors at Am Worlds in NY, but we do not know about Pro Worlds.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 41
which type of ion would you guys recomend to an ion n00b like myself? I want to use it mainly for driving and approaching because my wizards just aren't giving me the glide I want. Of course I'll try it for putts, also what is the deal with the textured bottom thing and why does everyone not like them? If it's textured, it sounds like it would be more grippy, but perhaps not.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
If it's textured, it sounds like it would be more grippy, but perhaps not.

The texture is a really smooth matte finish- think sandblasted. I feel that it causes you to have less contact with the disc and gives you less grip.

I don't throw ions but have felt the new tooled ones and think that they feel much better.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 41
Thanks a lot for the info, would you compare the general grip feel of the non textured ones to normal champ/Z? Also, how do they feel when wet?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
which type of ion would you guys recomend to an ion n00b like myself? I want to use it mainly for driving and approaching because my wizards just aren't giving me the glide I want. Of course I'll try it for putts, also what is the deal with the textured bottom thing and why does everyone not like them? If it's textured, it sounds like it would be more grippy, but perhaps not.
It depends on what you are used to. If you end up liking Ions you will have to try both soft and mediums, but to start with I recommend a medium for driving in your preferred weight. If you are used to a softer disc then by all means start with a soft. I use both, but if forced to choose I would pick the mediums. I also recommend you find someplace that has the new clear Ions. I'm sure one of the MVP guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it most Ions will be clear from now on (opaques will still be made for dying). You may as well start with the best and most current evolution of the Ion. They were available for order by retailers on 7-30, so they should be getting out there any time now.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
It depends on what you are used to. If you end up liking Ions you will have to try both soft and mediums, but to start with I recommend a medium for driving in your preferred weight. If you are used to a softer disc then by all means start with a soft. I use both, but if forced to choose I would pick the mediums. I also recommend you find someplace that has the new clear Ions. I'm sure one of the MVP guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it most Ions will be clear from now on (opaques will still be made for dying). You may as well start with the best and most current evolution of the Ion. They were available for order by retailers on 7-30, so they should be getting out there any time now.
NOOOOOO! Keep making opaques! Clear is too hard to find! This is the first stupid move I have heard out of a otherwise very smart company.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
NOOOOOO! Keep making opaques! Clear is too hard to find! This is the first stupid move I have heard out of a otherwise very smart company.
Just to be clear (no pun intended), the new Ions are brightly colored like the Vectors and are very easy to see in the fairway. The orange ones are particularly strongly colored. As I understand MVP wants their proton line of plastic consistent across their line of discs. As I also said, THEY WILL STILL MAKE OPAQUE IONS for dying. Just like they still make blank discs for dyers, they will still make opaque Ions for those who want them. They are just going to be making more transparent colors...Perhaps they will have multiple lines of plastic one day like Innova and Discraft...

Old 08-07-2011, 01:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Yeah, I'll be very sad if they stop making opaque ones and not from a dying standpoint either. Opaque is just so much easier to find in the schule.

And chickenonabun, to me the Soft Ions are the epitome of the mold, especially for drives and approaches. You can drive the unholy crap out of them and if you hit a tree, eh, no biggie. It just goes "FWOMP!" and falls like a dead duck somewhere near the fairway.
Closed Thread