Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 AM
* Ace Member *

I can put an axis out 320 on a rope, I have seen them ripped up to 450, with enough height any disc can go far. I think associating distance with a disc is very subjective, it's in how you use it on the course. I prefer not to throw as hard as I can and have smooth controlled release. While I can put the axis out that far, I prefer to use a fairway if I can on the course, and use the axis under 300.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've hit the basket on #8 at my home course with an eclipse axis. 380' or so hole. (shorter position)

I have a beat eclipse axis in my bag that is really fun to throw, zero fade on shots in the 200-300' range and holds a beautiful anny.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
I can put an axis out 320 on a rope, I have seen them ripped up to 450, with enough height any disc can go far. I think associating distance with a disc is very subjective, it's in how you use it on the course. I prefer not to throw as hard as I can and have smooth controlled release. While I can put the axis out that far, I prefer to use a fairway if I can on the course, and use the axis under 300.
I'm the opposite. If I'm not 90%+ my accuracy isn't as good. If I club up I usually still throw it on the same line I would with a lesser disc, and it fades out way too early and left.

PS. Can't wait till I can make it back down to Madtown Glass!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

^ Looking forward to shooting with you again UPS, maybe this time i can keep up a little!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Yeah if you give the axis air it booms. The neutrons have a great late fade. I was throwing long turnovers out to 400 in calm conditions. It would hold a long turnover then fade back out the last 50ft. It held flat shots out to 375 pretty much any time I needed it. And then did the same on hyzers. To me the axis has the forward carry of a roc with the out of the box control of the QMS. That makes its very special midrange, in rarified air
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 25
I liked the Axis a lot, but would need to see it in the mid-160s before I would buy one.

I played an Ice Bowl this weekend. A high percentage of entrants were old guys like me, and many were throwing 150 drivers. It is really difficult to have a consistent throw if your midrange weighs 25 - 30 grams more than your drivers.

I understand that there may be manufacturing issues in expanding the weight range, but I'll say it again - MVP is missing a big part of the market by not producing lighter discs.

/broken record
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
I understand that there may be manufacturing issues in expanding the weight range, but I'll say it again - MVP is missing a big part of the market by not producing lighter discs.
It's the consistency that's the problem. I'd be willing to bet that MVP has run light midranges, and drivers. But, they didn't mold up to the consistency that Brad, and Chad want.

After nearly two years since the Vector was released, I'm starting to think that light discs from MVP just aren't going to happen.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Haha don't let Plex make you think those tactics work
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Haha don't let Plex make you think those tactics work
Not sure what you mean? hehe

I know that EVERY core in the mid-range class are the exact same core, and the fairway cores, putter cores.. etc all the same cores in each class

Meaning, they all weigh the exact same (Give or take a gram)

What this means, is that the weight difference comes from the overmold.

A lighter MVP disc will have less weight in the overmold, which means less gyro, which is why lighter Volts fade more in the end, because the gyro isnt fighting the fade as hard

And obviously, a heavy MVP disc will have more weight in the gyro tech over-mold and it will resist turn/fade more.

Lets see if someone flames me now

Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Every core is the same? You're certain of this fact? They haven't run some lighter cores, and some heavier cores to be used for the Axes, and Vectors?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I really want to know if this is a fact, or your're just assuming that MVP runs the same weight cores, and just changes the weight of the overmolds.

I would think...and I could be totally wrong...that a lighter core with the same weight consistency in the overmold would make for an even more gryoscopic disc.

Maybe Chad, or Brad can weigh in.
Closed Thread