Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
^ Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Hey, I have 2 2nd run MVP proton(opaque) textured-bottom ions. Because I want to keep these in mint condish, I don't wanna throw them but out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew if their flight characteristics are any different from regular proton or current neutron ion runs? I've been using MVP for about a year now and have had no problems but if I understand correctly they had some consistency issues early on. Anyways, does anyone know about these disc's flightpaths compared to regular proton/current neutron?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
2nd runs are more along the lines of -1/1 regarding to stability, whereas the new runs of both P and N are 0/2.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
2nd runs are more along the lines of -1/1 regarding to stability, whereas the new runs of both P and N are 0/2.
Alright thanks man. I putt with anodes so I may take one of these 2nd run ions and putt with it as another neutral putter just with a different grip. That's if I can even convince myself to use one.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 12
I need opinions. I didn't want to start another thread, so here it is: Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

I throw the volt 350' max and it doesn't turn but a slight notch and have owned 3. I only own two now but they're both stable after 2 months. I'd say get another volt and try to throw it on some hyzer lines. Besides gold line, nothing beats MVP Neutron for me comfort-wise.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 PM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Hey, I have 2 2nd run MVP proton(opaque) textured-bottom ions. Because I want to keep these in mint condish, I don't wanna throw them but out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew if their flight characteristics are any different from regular proton or current neutron ion runs?
I don't know if the price is right (probably not, as DGC tends to mark stuff way up) but DGC has a handful of these in stock right now.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...duct.php?p=708
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
I need opinions. I didn't want to start another thread, so here it is: Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?
Basically, they are interchangable? I've been debating on which one I should get.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?
I've never thrown an Escape but I can comment on the Volt. Generally they turn more and don't fade as hard as a new Eagle-X. If you got one that's relatively beefy, it may be hard to replace (although the Shock is an option).

Seeming the only thing separating them is that you prefer the plastic from DD. The Volt feels funky in my hand and didn't blow me away with it's glide, distance, or line shaping characteristics so I pulled it in favor of my old favorites.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
There were two sought after FR Axes, the super flat green ones, and the domey Pink ones. The green ones flew a touch understable where the domey ones flew a touch more stable. You can still find both super flat and domey ones.

FR Vectors, for the most part, flew way more OS than the Vectors we have today. FRs flew closer to a drone (not quite as OS) whereas the new ones we have fly more like a Roc.
Good answer. Only thing I wanted to add is if you ever have an Axis or Vector that is flatter than you want, or its gotten beat in some, you can use boiling water to add dome and overstability.

I had a few eclipse Vectors get concave from sitting in my car with stuff on top of them. Boiled some water and poured it in the upside down discs while they sat on a bowl, then weighed down the center. My once flat eclipse Vectors were now closer to the super domey FR Vectors and gained some additional high and low speed overstability.

I've done it a few times since with good success. Actually have a Volt that got a messed up flight plate that I'm going to experiment with soon.
Closed Thread