Disc Golf Center
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 62
Since this is the official MVP thread, anyone know if MVP has any small marketing items? Looking to add some swag to my bag and was wondering if they had key chains, patches, stickers and stuff like that. Would like to rock a little MVP on my bag if possible, feedback appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
So about the Axis, most of them are flat right? I've never seen one with dome until I ordered my Neutron Axis. Anyone else have a domey Neutron Axis? How would a flat one compare in flight? Curious...
I have everything from pretty domey to perfectly flat. Domey is more overstable and flat is more neutral. The domey Neutrons for me fly dead straight with no turn, and a small fade at the end. Like an even straighter Buzz.

MVP has stickers and window decals and patches from what I remember.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenThrower View Post
Since this is the official MVP thread, anyone know if MVP has any small marketing items? Looking to add some swag to my bag and was wondering if they had key chains, patches, stickers and stuff like that. Would like to rock a little MVP on my bag if possible, feedback appreciated. Thanks!
I know Justin @ communitydiscs.com has MVP patches in stock.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I know Justin @ communitydiscs.com has MVP patches in stock.
Thank you kindly for the lead and a good reason to give Justin some more business.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Yep, MVP has both patches and vinyl decals that are available almost everywhere.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 32
I just got a pink neutron axis and yellow neutron vector in tourney payout Saturday and the axis has quite a bit of dome while the vector is flat as a board. I'll throw them as soon as my back feels better (grip slipped as I was lifting a couch Sunday and I tried to catch it awkwardly, straining my back).
Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I have everything from pretty domey to perfectly flat. Domey is more overstable and flat is more neutral. The domey Neutrons for me fly dead straight with no turn, and a small fade at the end. Like an even straighter Buzz.

MVP has stickers and window decals and patches from what I remember.
Thanks for the info Mike C. I'd like to pick up a flat one to complement my domed Axis. When I throw it correctly it has exactly the flight you've described. I'd like to have a complement that will finish straighter. I've been having some OAT issues with this disc, and I think it's because subconsciously I want it to have a straighter flight than it's intended to provide.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 72
Tangent? Cool.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 47
So, I got into an argument the other day on the course with a playing partner. He was all talking up Prodigy, and talking smack about MVP. He asked "What have they done for the sport?..Prodigy has sponsored all these players..bla bla bla". I turned to him and said that just because MVP doesn't have sponsored pros doesn't mean they're not doing anything for the sport. I was kind of taken a back by this, not because I like MVP, but because it seems to me that some people think if you're not catering to the 1% of disc golfers (sponsored pros, probably even less than 1%) that you're "not doing anything" for the sport.

I believe that MVP has done a wonderful job providing excellent discs for the majority of disc golfers, the recreational players and amateurs. A very bottom up approach. And I believe that this is the way to affect the game the most...by making discs for people who just want to play...and don't want to get paid.

What do you guys think? Perhaps this is the wrong thread but I was defending MVP so I thought I'd put it on here.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Agreed^ MVP produced a ground-breaking technology and has superior R&D to that of any disc maker with their CUSTOMERS BEST INTERESTS always considered as well as providing an item of value at the same time through their discs. Its a good business not just another disc golf manufacturer with hard working and dedicated people behind it. I am thankful for a company who cares and obviously will have sponsored pros sometime, like they're not having pros test and help do research on these molds already?!-- what a dumb thing for him to say!
Closed Thread