Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
My amp depends much on the power of the shot. Flies best when thrown lightly for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
I've been rocking an all MVP Neutron bag. Seems to be going good. There's been a couple of times where the winds were frustrating. I'll be picking up a few of the new Shocks to handle a little bit of that. I play a lot of rounds with three discs (Anode, Axis & Volt). I'll switch up the fairway drivers every practice round to give them all some reps.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEmery View Post
So far this year my nutsac is rockin the anode axis vector volt and soon the tangent. Kind of a disced down year until MVP gets a high speed driver. So far the results have been really good for an all MVP bag for me. The Volt is really my go to disc for anything over 250 to 300'. Thanks MVP.
I have an eclipse ion, axis, and vector and neutron amp that should be arriving today. I'm gonna throw those in my Nutsac and play a few weeks with those before I have my final "bag battle" for 2013. I'm real excited to try some MVP discs and that I now have a nice little glow set up.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Well, here's most of my overmolds...

Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 12
Hey Mike, wanna sell some stock?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Dear lord, what did you do to cause that huge chunk missing out of that rim?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 18
I bought my first MVP disc over the weekend. A medium 175 white Storm Trooper Anode in the Neutron plastic.

And I'm loving it.

I'm a push putter and was going through a bunch of putters to find the one that fit me best. I was using a Wizard and a Magic but the Wizard dropped to fast and hard and the Magic felt really light for some reason and I had to have the right tough on it. The anode feels like the best of both world, looks a lot cooler and feels better in my hands. It feels like I have the control of a heavy disc but with the glide/flight of the lighter stuff without be to fluttery.

The more I use it the more I like it and I haven't even tried to drive with it yet. I've head a lot of good thing about driving with one (although it's take a lot to overtake my Wizards for putter driving).

Now, I'm thinking of trying a midrange from MVP. Maybe the Axis. I play a lot of wooded courses here in NC and I want one that goes dead straight but I can shape some like with. I've heard the Axis is buzzz like and while I have a buzzz that works great I want to try some more MVP stuff.

Are there any posts where someone compares the MVP lineup to other disc so I can get a better understanding of their flights? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
Now, I'm thinking of trying a midrange from MVP. Maybe the Axis. I play a lot of wooded courses here in NC and I want one that goes dead straight but I can shape some like with. I've heard the Axis is buzzz like and while I have a buzzz that works great I want to try some more MVP stuff.

Are there any posts where someone compares the MVP lineup to other disc so I can get a better understanding of their flights? Thanks.
The Tangent, a new MVP mid, is coming out this Friday. The testers are loving it, so you may want to look into that.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

bfowler,

Vector is like a fresh kc pro roc or wasp, maybe a touch faster and more fade. Most dependable of the three in crosswinds and headwinds, most resistant to turning over, least distance potential on flat and hyzer released shots by 15-20'. Thrown hard, flat and 360'+, mine just want to go straight eith zero turn to a late, strong fade. Fights anny release most out of the three.

Axis is like a straighter buzz, or Roc with most the fade beaten out but still no turn. It will glide better thsn a Vector and fly more neutral, and hyzers harder and sooner thsn a Tangent both thrown with a hyzer release. This is easier to throw hard and flat for a straight shot, and the tangent works better with a touch of hyzer on longer shots.

Tangent is along the lines of a comet, buzz ss, Roc that's got no fade and a pinch of turn. It will do dead straight a bit easier than the Axis and handles gentle turnovers and long, glidey hyzers better.

All three have a place in my bag, but for a more technical course I'd probably start with a Tangent, or Tangent + Axis.

Last edited by Mike C; 03-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Closed Thread