Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Feel or throw a soft Anode sometime if you get the chance before you totally make your mind up about MVP. That would be the first MVP disc I would recommend for just about anyone.
Care to elaborate? I'm a Soft Ion thrower, curious about the Anode.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousg View Post
Amp = River
Don't expect this. its not very understable. i would say -1.5 HSS and 1 LSS
Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSquared View Post
after about five throws the black plastic rim edge had huge chunks and gouges out of it.
What were you hitting with them and from how far away?!?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSquared View Post
I too heard all sorts of good things about MVP discs and so i bought a volt. I immediately didn't like the harder feel to the plastic and after about five throws the black plastic rim edge had huge chunks and gouges out of it. I didn't like how it flew either, it seemed to lack the glide i was anticipating. I gave it to my brother who was just starting to play but now i feel bad because i really think it won't help his game any but we all throw differently so you never know... Not trying to offend any MVP throwers but I simply dislike MVP discs. Just my two cents, which really ain't worth SH*T these days...
Im not saying your not telling the truth or anything, but i find the exact opposite about MVP discs. To each his own i guess, i have 2 Volts in the bag and i have thrown one since the day it released over 200+ times and it is in comparable condition to my Gold Line lat64 wear. It has a few minor scuffs that have no effect of flight whatsoever, no gouges in the overmold at all. Perhaps you where throwing in a rocky or gravel area, maybe skipping off roads?? I have never heard this or experienced it myself.. after 5 throws seems a little strange that your disc would have huge chunks and gouges taken out.

Harder feel of the plastic? Could you explain what you mean by this? i find all their discs to be softer than many types of plastic from other companies. Are you referring to feel of grip or literal stiffness? I would be surprised if MVP wasn't softer than a majority of plastics out there. In fact in order for a disc to be PDGA approved it has to be a certain stiffness range. And MVP discs are all PDGA approved so they are the same as any other product out there.

As far as glide, i think the putters and midranges have impressive and superior glide from majority of other discs out there. The fairway drivers however, have comparable glide to any other fairway driver i have tried in the past.

If what your saying is true, you should send your disc to MVP and tell them you want a quality control check/replacement because i have never heard of an MVP disc taking that type of wear and "huge chunks and gouges out of it" after only 5 throws. that's almost comical.

Last edited by in4d; 03-09-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
Care to elaborate? I'm a Soft Ion thrower, curious about the Anode.
They are pretty much the same...I just think the Anode is easier to grip. Anode goes a smidgen farther than the Ion as well. I find them both to perform equally well in the wind.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Agreed. Unless you were throwing thumbers and hitting the top of the yellow band over and over, there shouldn't be any way you were taking chunks and gouges out of it. Literally the only thing that has done any sort of damage to any of my MVP plastic is hard metal edges, bricks and concrete barely make marks on my MVP discs.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Don't expect this. its not very understable. i would say -1.5 HSS and 1 LSS
I've got Amps that are less stable than any River of the same weight, so it depends. Only my Stormtrooper Amp flies with your numbers above (its also my fav). My most understable is red and pretty flat @172.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
Question: will the first run Shock continue to exist as another named disc or will it drop off into obscurity?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
^^^I think you will be surprised.

But, I'm not going to say you are wrong, because only you have your arm, and throwing style.

Report back after you're done throwing them. I'm interested to see how they fly for you.
I definitely will.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've got Amps that are less stable than any River of the same weight, so it depends. Only my Stormtrooper Amp flies with your numbers above (its also my fav). My most understable is red and pretty flat @172.
I actually havnt thrown my new AMP yet, only my firstrun stormtrooper, and its not even bagged anymore.

I will have to give the new run a try.
Closed Thread