Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
I asked Chad about the overmold a while back, and he said:

Quote:
It is made of a special thermoplastic material that shares many charactoristics of rubber.
I cannot be sure that it is not Proton mixed with other materials. It certainly feels different though.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM

Threw my new tangent today and yesterday. This disc is great. It takes clean power very well with a gentle turn, and powered down you can easily shape hyzer or anhyzer 100-150 foot approach lines with ease. I have not thrown a disc that is as easy to throw a smooth anhyzer 50-150 feet, and you can power it up out to 300 as well. This disc really reacts and holds on to whatever I put on it. This disc is one of a kind in the way it flies, and first thoughts are that it is a great line shaping disc for everything from 50-250 ft . Maybe out to 300-350 for bigger arms, but I have been having trouble really cranking my mids lately. I think its grip issues because I adjusted it a little today and got a beautiful 275-280 foot drive with the tangent that with a little hyzer flipped up with a very slight turn and then a tiny fade. Going almost completely straight for the whole flight. Pretty mezmerizing
Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 11
I'd like to try a MVP disc, and am also looking for a disc to help clean up my form. Would an Axis or Tangent work for this similar to a Comet?

Last edited by rallyguy; 03-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
Axis is a power mid. The tangent is going to be the better diagnostic tool. But! To improve form it may be wise to learn to drive with an anode first.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 11
Thanks for the suggestion. Is either of the plastics more favorable?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
Anode

For the anode, medium proton is the most responsive if you really want it for form analysis. I prefer the soft for feel and it has a slight fade.
The neutron is a tick faster, thus being more forgiving for me anyway.
As for tangent, it only comes in neutron so that's your only choice.

Overall, just nab an anode and start chucking it. They're really fun to throw and can get impressive D.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
For the anode, medium proton is the most responsive if you really want it for form analysis. I prefer the soft for feel and it has a slight fade.
The neutron is a tick faster, thus being more forgiving for me anyway.
As for tangent, it only comes in neutron so that's your only choice.

Overall, just nab an anode and start chucking it. They're really fun to throw and can get impressive D.
This. I throw the neutron and it can get up to 250 with clean form and up to 300 with a little height.(not internet distance) Although Clean is the keyword here.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
This. I throw the neutron and it can get up to 250 with clean form and up to 300 with a little height.(not internet distance) Although Clean is the keyword here.
I throw Ions because i prefer more stable Finnish to my putts. I used to have early Anodes in soft proton, but gave them away because i preferred the Ion.

I just ordered a new Neutron Anode on Friday and im going to give it a try for putting (to see if Anodes in neutron have a little more fade at the end of putts) but i also want to use it as a driving putter.

How can i expect the Anode to drive compared to my Ion at 250 distance?

Currently i drive with my Eclipse Ion on sweeping anny lines i need to finnish without roll-aways, and shorter tight straight lines. I remember my Anode not taking to wind as well as my Ions.

I hope the Neutron in Anode is exactly what im looking for, people say neutron is faster, so the anode in neutron should have a touch more fade at the end than proton. Sometimes my Ions fade just a bit too much and i end up short on longer putts, so if a Neutron Anode is in between the proton anodes and Ions stability wise it should make for exactly what i want.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
IMO at 250 they are pretty much the same, anode has slightly less fade. It is not really my experience that one plastic is faster than the other but believe there are some more stable N anodes out there from what I recall, discspeed might use one for those shots... Anode is straight-- sounds like you will enjoy. I love my soft ions but they are a little shorter IMO and hold a turn/fade more.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 20
So. Played a tournament today. Threw my axis three times and got three birdies. Complete suckage with almost everything else I drove with for some reason. Now I'm wondering if I need to throw more MVP...
Closed Thread