Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 24
I also am not in love as much as I thought I would be with my tangent so far. After all the hype I was expecting to fall in love with this disc but it just doesn't behave for me the way others have stated. I'll be the first to admit this is probably because of my form/technique rather than the disc itself. I've had a few really sweet long sweep anhyzers with it in the last few rounds but I don't find it as easy to control as I thought. However I'm not gonna give up on it yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Since my Proton Vector is a blank, it's hard for me to know if it's a first run or not, but mine is overstable. Fades out of any anny, powered down a little, it starts fading real quick...it's what I was looking for.

Just got in N Shock (2nd run,) N Vector, and N Ion (black), looking to try them after "work."
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCDG13 View Post
I'll be the first to admit this is probably because of my form/technique rather than the disc itself.
I think this is true for alot of folks, myself included.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 27
The one thing I'd say is don't look for big, line-burning shots from the tangent (if that makes sense). In my experience its a really, really slow and deliberate shot-making disc. It's not going to get there quickly but it sure is going to get there soundly and accurately if thrown appropriately.

It's like when it leaves your hand it says "Here's my line. Watch me fly."
Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Since my Proton Vector is a blank, it's hard for me to know if it's a first run or not, but mine is overstable.
Since your Proton Vector is a blank, it cannot be a first run.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 72
Here's what I was wondering. I've seen videos where pros explain how more dome on a disc generally makes it more understable due to the increased air friction. However, on here, I've heard tons of people saying their domey MVP discs act more overstable. I know PLH makes a bigger difference than domeyness, but anyone have an idea about this contradiction in the disc golf community?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Perhaps the dome raises the PLH?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Here's what I was wondering. I've seen videos where pros explain how more dome on a disc generally makes it more understable due to the increased air friction. However, on here, I've heard tons of people saying their domey MVP discs act more overstable. I know PLH makes a bigger difference than domeyness, but anyone have an idea about this contradiction in the disc golf community?
There may not be a contradiction. Flatness and dominess affect different makes and models of discs differently. With MVP in particular, dome tends to make them stable. I know that flat-topping different Innova discs has made them more stable (in my experience).
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
The one thing I'd say is don't look for big, line-burning shots from the tangent (if that makes sense). In my experience its a really, really slow and deliberate shot-making disc. It's not going to get there quickly but it sure is going to get there soundly and accurately if thrown appropriately.

It's like when it leaves your hand it says "Here's my line. Watch me fly."
I agree with this 100%, especially the emboldened part. I'm really digging mine. It's the most interesting new disc I've thrown in a good while, possibly ever.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 19
Its more valuable to an experienced thrower in my opinion because it goes on any line you put it on. So if you can't control the line your putting a disc on your not going to be able to control a neutral disc well
Closed Thread