Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Everything I throw backhand is a normal 4 finger power grip except putts / jump putts. The only modifcation I make is putting the wing of the disc under the base knuckle of my index finger, which you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrREXfvMXc

No idea if my hands are considered big or small, but the tip of my middle finger to the base of my palm is the same as how wide an Anode or Ion is.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
I think I remember someone posting here that it is actually the opposite. less gyro for faster discs. Not sure by any means.
Putters and mids are naturally more gyro than drivers. They have more weight moved further to the outside than drivers, especially the wider diameter mids.

This fact does not mean that the overmolds on the drivers will have any less effect than those on the putters/mids.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
Mike quick question... You power grip all putter drives correct?
Also weird question but do you have big hands? I have smallish hands and I feel that may be preventing me from getting enough spin to eclipse 300 with a putter.
interesting, but im really confident in saying the size of your hand has little to nothing to do with distance. i know i have small hands and i can put a wizard to 300. maybe more hand strength, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Everything I throw backhand is a normal 4 finger power grip except putts / jump putts. The only modifcation I make is putting the wing of the disc under the base knuckle of my index finger, which you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrREXfvMXc
me too. i loose grip power grip everything, even 70ft approach shots. i cant/ dont trust my fan grip.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
interesting, but im really confident in saying the size of your hand has little to nothing to do with distance. i know i have small hands and i can put a wizard to 300. maybe more hand strength,
Hmm I can throw drivers over 400 ft. So I'm not thinking it's strength. Must be OAT and not enough height. How high are you throwing the putter to get it out there?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
i might be kind of a freak because i dont use a lot of elevation. im 6' 1 and most of the time its a pretty level beam. since you bring up the possibility of oat, i would say that is your issue. the putter is going to slow down much to soon if all its 'forward' energy is in process of wiggling down the fairway. i hope that make sense to you.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
I'd say he can get 300 w a Wizard at about 10-20 feet high. I'ts prolly the oat killing your putters because jake throws backhands usually with little oat.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 37
Mike C, I recently noticed Ion back in your signature. I bagged Ions and Anodes for a short while but found the Anodes overlapped with my favored beat in Ion so I figured no need to carry both molds. I try stuff all the time and change my sig as I do but what's up with you going Ion, Anode, and now Ion again?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

he found da magical white one
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
Mike C, I recently noticed Ion back in your signature. I bagged Ions and Anodes for a short while but found the Anodes overlapped with my favored beat in Ion so I figured no need to carry both molds. I try stuff all the time and change my sig as I do but what's up with you going Ion, Anode, and now Ion again?
I asked the same question in one of his last r/discgolf threads but he never replied. I just switched from Ions > Anodes and back again, so I'm very interested to hear his reasons. I still keep the Anode in my bag, but it's strictly for upshot or uphill putt duty.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
I know he mentioned the switch a while back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Busted out my old white opaque soft proton Ions today. Used them for all my putter drives and putts. Might switch back to them, love the feel of the plastic.
Closed Thread