Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
That black Ion appears to be from the first production run, or second production run.

The first production run had mostly translucent colors like yellow, green and peach, but also black. These had textured bottoms, tooling on the bottom, no tooling on the overmold, sometimes had a smaller bead, and typical fly more like a current Anode or a hair more understable. They didn't fly like a current Ion, they had a bit more glide and some high speed turn.

The Ion I threw was from the next run. Ion / MVP / PDGA / GYRO on the overmold, no texture though some from this run were, and a current Ion style flight, e.g. no turn and a good fade.

I tried one of the original peach runs and thought it was alright, but kept my Wizards. I tried a medium textured at some point, think from the opaque current style run, and liked it, but kept Wizards.

Then one day playing that same hole I threw in the vid, in the long 435' position, I asked to try my buddys Ion out I saw in his bag. Put it exactly where that basket is now with a hyzer release that flipped to flat and went dead straight the entire time. It was the same kind I believe you have, with a bit of high speed turn. That shot sold me on them since it was 20' past my Wizard drives, so I bought that blue opaque one and the rest followed...

Anyways where can I buy a soft neutron Ion and what stamps are there? I want to get one to compare to my opaque softs.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Anyways where can I buy a soft neutron Ion and what stamps are there? I want to get one to compare to my opaque softs.
You can get them HERE.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Anyways where can I buy a soft neutron Ion and what stamps are there?
I purchased my white no-stamps from Dynamic Discs, I think they are / were the exclusive retailer of soft Neutron. If they're out I still have a fresh one (10/10) dyed in a similar fashion to the ones I just posted.

Quote:
I want to get one to compare to my opaque softs.
In my experience they're a touch softer and a touch gummier. Fantastic 'handfeel'
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks a lot. I called them up and talked with someone for a minute about them and he said they can do blank or choose your own stamp. Think I'm grabbing a blank 171 to go against my putting putter and a rainbow 175 to drive with.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I called them up and talked with someone for a minute about them and he said they can do blank or choose your own stamp. Think I'm grabbing a blank 171 to go against my putting putter and a rainbow 175 to drive with.
Thanks mike, it sounds like exactly what u are describing. These also do pretty decently in a headwind putt. I love good on them for my various putting styles
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Played with a friend who's pretty new today. He wanted to try an Ion and Volt so I loaned him an S proton Ion and Volt I had in my car.

He had used a champ beast as his only driver for a long time, ever since I've thrown with him, and the Volt seemed to fly with more control for him. He also was getting more D than normal, saying on a 365' hole he was 30-40' feet further than typical.

The Ion extended his putting range over his dx rhyno, and seemed to fly with more accuracy too.

It was fun to watch. I know how MVP discs behave for me, and its cool seeing someone new to them throw them their first few times. Both discs looked very intuitive for him.

Neither was one I wanted to part with but watching them click with him, and him losing his chamo beast on a water hole, ended up parting ways with them.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Cool im picking up a soft neutron Ion myself. Rainbow 171
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHFH
They already have a blank soft neutron ion on there website I have bought two myself
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
MVP does not currently sponsor any players.
thats very disappointing, i dont think ill be buying any MVP products
Lol, is this real?
I giggled so hard, its like those kids who wear holister and abercrombie because they see models wearing and advertising them, they think its the "cool thing".. they dont care if the product is junk, the models wear it, so it must be the best.

haha.. thats okay i guess. the less people throwing MVP, the less competition for first place

This is the year i expect to break the 1000 player rating, mostly because of the Ion, Tangent , and Volt. Thanks MVP

Last edited by in4d; 03-28-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
Neutron Volt

That's incredible, are you selling these? i would be interested.
Closed Thread