Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
thanks for all the replies! i've quoted a few of my favorite parts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
The amp on the other hand can hyzer flip like crazy. Love the amp for hyzer flips that finish right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
It feels like a longer seasoned pro leopard. Smooth, predictable turn, but not a real sharp turnover that tends to roll.
well i'm sold on the amp already. the hyzer-flip finish right is one of my go to shots, and the sound of a pre beat in leopard is music to my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I'll try to add some insight...
I was a PD thrower for a very long time. There are so many different types of PDs that it is hard to compare anything to them directly. The Shock is more HSS than most PDs. It's also a half step slower imo. The glide is similar, but I feel like the Shock glides better at lower speeds. The Shock is a bit less nose angle sensitive than the PD, so it's easier to work lines with anhyzer... Overall the Vector is a flatter Roc with gyro. It may be the most irreplaceable mold in my bag at this point.
...They all share some flight characteristics that include more forward push on the flight lines. It's difficult to describe beyond that, but it does take some adjustment. MVP discs are also rounded where the inside of the rim meets the flightplate.
perfect. i don't normally play the fade like most people, i prefer a straight shot that is can be worked left or right and glide to the basket.
as for the rounded rim, i have quickly learned to love the rounded anodes and sadly wizards are starting to feel weird.

on a side note, i'm probably going to drop the remainder of my tax return on a bulk order from MVP directly. has anybody had any experience doing this? seems the way to go, if you're gonna go for it
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

^ill snag a few from ya!!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
thanks for all the replies! i've quoted a few of my favorite parts:

well i'm sold on the amp already. the hyzer-flip finish right is one of my go to shots, and the sound of a pre beat in leopard is music to my ears.

perfect. i don't normally play the fade like most people, i prefer a straight shot that is can be worked left or right and glide to the basket.
as for the rounded rim, i have quickly learned to love the rounded anodes and sadly wizards are starting to feel weird.

on a side note, i'm probably going to drop the remainder of my tax return on a bulk order from MVP directly. has anybody had any experience doing this? seems the way to go, if you're gonna go for it
Same here!! Lets get a little package going
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obligation View Post
Would Anode in Soft grip more? or does it need time to season / warm weather? Are certain colors more US/OS?
Anodes are pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Some people think Neutron plastic grips better than Proton so you might want to look into that.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
^ill snag a few from ya!!
i was thinking that would be a possibility. i have to get 32, and that's enough for a ton of backups, or... a possibility to recoup some cash, and save you guys some money on a few new discs!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Anodes are pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Some people think Neutron plastic grips better than Proton so you might want to look into that.
Ah yeah I forgot that MVP had 2 plastics, Ill defiantly have to try Neutron plastic and see if its a better grip/feel!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
http://i.imgur.com/hPuJjf5.jpg

new shock vs old shock
Mike (or anybody), can I see a profile pic of the old Shock vs a Volt? They have some Shocks at my local PIAS but I can't tell which run they are.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

i guess i should say, i have to get at least 32 discs for the direct order. if people want to jump in on this, i'm down to collaborate. i'll probably be sending my order in at the beginning of next week, so if you know what you want, shoot me a PM over the weekend. fyi, the bigger the amount the better
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Mike (or anybody), can I see a profile pic of the old Shock vs a Volt? They have some Shocks at my local PIAS but I can't tell which run they are.
They are really hard to distinguish visually. The better way is to feel the mold seam near the base of the wing for flash. The early run Shocks/Volts/Amps all have considerable flash there, where as the new Shocks have no flash on the mold seam.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60
Yah Kaiser MVP is very efficient. I split an order with a friend to stock me for the season for throwers. The shipping price is very reasonable through MVP, they get the order out quick, and it comes quick. You'll ( or the buyers obviously) may spend way more proportionately to ship out subsequently through the postal service unless you have a cheaper way. My buddy spent more shipping half his order to him from me than I did for the entire order to me from MVP. They a very respective of your color and weight choices as well.
Closed Thread