Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
on midrange throws it neutral, if you power it up, it becomes a little understable.

My favorite MVP discs are:

Fairways:
Shock, predator like overstable disc, good wind fighter for windy days, will break in very nicely. Thrown flat with power it will fly straight with NO turn at all and then after 50-60% of flight a sweeping fade and on lower lines has GREAT skips.
Volt, great all around fairway driver for MANY types of throws.. my favorite go-to fairway driver.

Midrange:
Vector, people say its a roc, but some of my early run vectors are even more overstable. Fights moderate winds easily.
Axis, amazing slightly overstable disc like a straighter buzzz, powered up goes straight and BOMBS farther than its speed would suggest. I mainly use it for straight throws i want to go farther than my tangent.
Tangent, its a neutral to slightly understable disc, like a comet with less glide and more wind resistance (it has great wind resistance for a neutral disc, imo). You can power it up on ANY line and it will hold it all the way to the ground. holds long forward penetrating hyzers. AMAZING disc and fun to use because you can control it so well if you have good form.

Putters:
Ion, this is the only putter i use (It replaced my Challengers and Magnets). Similar to a wizard. its a slightly over-stable putter with a bead. it dumps better when it gets to the basket than an Anode, so if you miss its not going to fly past and leave you with a harsh recovery putt to make. More wind resistance than the Anode on putts and drives.

Many people like the Anode because its so straight flying point and shoot, but i prefer a more stable putter for reliability in more conditions.
Hey I really appreciate the rundown of all the discs! That's extremely helpful.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I throw Ibexes and Vectors a lot so if you want something that a little more overstable than your Obex I highly recommend a Vector. Go Neutron for the best grip (but of course nothing has a better grip than X-Link).
Yeah X-link does have a special sort of grip but it's nice to know Neutron is more grippy than Proton. Now is Neutron more stable as well?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joner11 View Post
Hey I really appreciate the rundown of all the discs! That's extremely helpful.
I was thinking about picking up a Lace, can you tell me about that disc?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I was thinking about picking up a Lace, can you tell me about that disc?
Sure! First off, the Lace pretty much just bombs. Think of Nuke speed. However, the Lace has much more control and straightness than a Nuke. Think like Destroyer predictability/stability. So extremely fast but not squirrelly. Stable enough but not too stable. Really great disc.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Birdie Member

So, I would think with how much glide and momentum MVP discs have with Gyro tech that a long range driver from MVP could very well breach the speed barrier into a 14 speed possibly?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
So, I would think with how much glide and momentum MVP discs have with Gyro tech that a long range driver from MVP could very well breach the speed barrier into a 14 speed possibly?
Well The fairway drivers and midranges seem to fly alot higher speed than they are rated, so i would assume a distance driver would retain those same properties

will be fun to throw a smaller rimmed disc that flies like a warp speed throton, thats for sure
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Well The fairway drivers and midranges seem to fly alot higher speed than they are rated, so i would assume a distance driver would retain those same properties

will be fun to throw a smaller rimmed disc that flies like a warp speed throton, thats for sure
Saweet! I bet you'll be right. Haha Throton in the flesh from MVP. Do it! This seriously is not helping my disc addiction....now I have to try all of these MVP discs. Ugh....
Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Saweet! I bet you'll be right. Haha Throton in the flesh from MVP. Do it! This seriously is not helping my disc addiction....now I have to try all of these MVP discs. Ugh....
Once you come back to MN (where about's btw?) I'd be more than willing to let you try any MVP disc you'd like.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Once you come back to MN (where about's btw?) I'd be more than willing to let you try any MVP disc you'd like.
That would be cool. I'll be back in Minny in May and I live in Brooklyn Park so westside. But I try to get out eastside as much as possible because there's better courses.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
That would be cool. I'll be back in Minny in May and I live in Brooklyn Park so westside. But I try to get out eastside as much as possible because there's better courses.
Beast Side is where it's at. I play A LOT of KP. Feel free to hit me up when you get back, assuming I'm not working I'm probably already planning on playing a round. If you have a FB also check out the Twin Cities Disc Golf page.

Back on topic: Yay MVP.
Closed Thread