#4721  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM
BigSky's Avatar
BigSky BigSky is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Any interest in a speed 9/10 driver??
Yes, I have two in my bag. They're called the Amp and Volt.

Speed is relative. If (when) MVP makes a distance driver, it will need a significantly different rim than the Amp/Volt/Shock. What I wonder is if they'll need a new core as well.
  #4722  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Woods
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,732
OH YEA!!!! MVP disc sports!!!!

http://youtu.be/TsM6IhIY11w?t=2m
  #4723  
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
Plastic Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,013
hmm Nikko and MVP?! Liiiike.
  #4724  
Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,184
I was holding a Volt today and thinking to myself, "why doesn't MVP have the overmold continue around the bottom of the disc so the inside rim is super grippy where you put your finger pads?" I hope that's something they think about doing with the distance drivers.
  #4725  
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Woods
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I was holding a Volt today and thinking to myself, "why doesn't MVP have the overmold continue around the bottom of the disc so the inside rim is super grippy where you put your finger pads?" I hope that's something they think about doing with the distance drivers.
they try to keep the weight evenly distributed to the tip of the rim, if it was more weight under the rim it would have a weird weight distribution. Also, its easier to mold just the edge, imagine how hard it would be to mold around the bottom.

But i agree, it would make for some good grip, i think it would be cool if they put texture on a quarter of the inside of the rim, would be like discrafts hatching they do on the inside rim of the Z predator only better
  #4726  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frisco/Abilene, TX
Posts: 2,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
they try to keep the weight evenly distributed to the tip of the rim, if it was more weight under the rim it would have a weird weight distribution. Also, its easier to mold just the edge, imagine how hard it would be to mold around the bottom.

But i agree, it would make for some good grip, i think it would be cool if they put texture on a quarter of the inside of the rim, would be like discrafts hatching they do on the inside rim of the Z predator only better
pretty much sums it up, unlike putters and mids, drivers have a thin rim, this was why mvp took so long developing fairway drivers, there were a lot of things that had to be taken into consideration before coming up with anything practical.
  #4727  
Old 04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Sid the Kid's Avatar
Sid the Kid Sid the Kid is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quincy, IL
Years Playing: 14.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
would be like discrafts hatching they do on the inside rim of the Z predator only better
This cross hatching is just a cover up of an expired patent. It's on more Discraft discs than the Pred.
  #4728  
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Throwasurge's Avatar
Throwasurge Throwasurge is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
But i agree, it would make for some good grip, i think it would be cool if they put texture on a quarter of the inside of the rim, would be like discrafts hatching they do on the inside rim of the Z predator only better
They did that for a while on their second run Ions about 1.5" on the inside. I would say the smooth bottom was a big improvement for grip. Dirt mud and water got trapped in that textured piece and it was hard to clean, it looked like a good idea.
  #4729  
Old 04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Woods
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwasurge View Post
They did that for a while on their second run Ions about 1.5" on the inside. I would say the smooth bottom was a big improvement for grip. Dirt mud and water got trapped in that textured piece and it was hard to clean, it looked like a good idea.
no i mean inside the rim, not on the bottom of the flight plate.. nevermind. and only about a quarter section of it, so you wouldn't have to use it.
 

  #4730  
Old 04-15-2013, 05:32 AM
nolangherity nolangherity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MPLS
Posts: 1,547
INTERESTING that MikeC has disappeared from the forums [/conspiracy]
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.