Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Unless you consider the ion overstable then a under stable putter would be more logical IMHO I know the ion isn't super beefy but it's not on the 'stable' spectrum like the anode.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joner11 View Post
Yep inscho is right! I just thought it was logical to think since they have 3 mids in different stabilities as well as the same in 3 fairway drivers that the next step would be to manufacture am overstable putter to match their putters to the "3" stabilities.
I agree that its a gap inthe lineup. But there are a lot of other gaps that are better sellers traditionally than a utility putter. For instance, a faster driver. Or a meathook fairway (havent thrown the re worked shock but from what i hear, its moderately os, not a meathook utility type driver)

Anyway, not trolling. I just disagree that its the next logical choice. There are other aspects of the market they havent tapped yet that would likely be more profitable.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
I agree that its a gap inthe lineup. But there are a lot of other gaps that are better sellers traditionally than a utility putter. For instance, a faster driver. Or a meathook fairway (havent thrown the re worked shock but from what i hear, its moderately os, not a meathook utility type driver)

Anyway, not trolling. I just disagree that its the next logical choice. There are other aspects of the market they havent tapped yet that would likely be more profitable.
FWIW, the non-1st run Shocks are beef, maybe not FT Firebird beef, but close...domey 12x beef. Penetrating vs. sudden dump. Will not turn over into headwind. I don't throw Preds, but many compare the 2. You should try one, they are freaking money.

And, agreed that, if $$ talks, that a fast(er) driver feels like the next likely offering.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 82
[QUOTE=BlueBells;1950304]Yep, third run ion...the first real series of "opaque" ions (the 2nd runs were only in a few colors and were more translucent-y)
/QUOTE]

Second runs have the textured bottom, rim area. As for having a "few" colors... I own or have owned 2nd runs in blue, purple, white, black, orange, green, and yellow. That's a lot more than a few.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post

Oh absolutely! I agree that they could definitely manufacture more of a long range driver since they have no model in that range yet. I've heard the reworked Shock is Predator stable. Like you said, not a meathook disc but still solid into the wind and for hyzers.

I don't think anyone would mind waiting a little longer for a long range driver if MVP put out a beefy putter like a Zone first.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
[QUOTE=InnocentCrook;1950714]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
Yep, third run ion...the first real series of "opaque" ions (the 2nd runs were only in a few colors and were more translucent-y)
/QUOTE]

Second runs have the textured bottom, rim area. As for having a "few" colors... I own or have owned 2nd runs in blue, purple, white, black, orange, green, and yellow. That's a lot more than a few.

^these are the first big production run of Ions (the ones after the lightweight blue with red rim, aka 1st runs). These (small bead, 2nd run, opaque, textured softs) were IMO the best Ions ever made and magical, straight flying machines, perfectly gummy. After these the black and whites came out and the other colors were more opaque. Sometime during those 3rd runs they did away with the texture and the tooling.

Also, if anyone has a yellow one of these (in the pic), I'm quite interested.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I have a medium and soft from that run (I think). One's pink and the other light blue.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I have a medium and soft from that run (I think). One's pink and the other light blue.
I'm thinking that the run that BroD's talking about was before they came out with mediums. I could be wrong, though. I do recall, though, that there was a time before there were "medium" Ions, and this was after the first runs.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I had a feeling that only one of them was but wasn't sure which came first.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Speed 9/10 Driver would be the next release I am assuming. A very overstable mid or a very overstable fairway would be next in line. But a speed 9/10 driver like a Valk. I'm set and don't need anymore discs. Of course I would buy to try out but I would be much happier.
Closed Thread