Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
I try not to carry more than 10 or so discs myself, 3 putters, 3 mids, 4 drivers drivers, I may carry a disc or two more or less depending on the course.

So for the disc minimalists out there that throw MVP do you think you will carry all of MVP's mids? Do you think the vector/tensor combo and axis/tangent combo overlap too much to justify carrying all four?

I love MVP's discs but I enjoy making more shots out of less discs and dont want to get bogged down with a huge bag, if your not carrying all of them which ones are you carrying and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolWinnebago View Post
I try not to carry more than 10 or so discs myself, 3 putters, 3 mids, 4 drivers drivers, I may carry a disc or two more or less depending on the course.

So for the disc minimalists out there that throw MVP do you think you will carry all of MVP's mids? Do you think the vector/tensor combo and axis/tangent combo overlap too much to justify carrying all four?

I love MVP's discs but I enjoy making more shots out of less discs and dont want to get bogged down with a huge bag, if your not carrying all of them which ones are you carrying and why?
Yeah its becoming a "problem" for me lol.. I cannot get rid of the vectors but looks like a tensor will be needed for a true OS utility style disc. Same with the tangent as an understable/line hitting machine. The axis for me plays a lot more like a fairway driver than midrange and really find my self using it off the tee and shots 300+ which don't have a lot of room to fly but my seasoned vector also is becoming very workable yet stable like a axis so can see if any of their mids not lasting in the bag, it would be the axis/vector.

No NEED really for all 4 IMO depending on your playing style.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
my seasoned vector also is becoming very workable yet stable like a axis so can see if any of their mids not lasting in the bag, it would be the axis/vector.
Yeah this makes sense, I was hoping my axis would develop some nicer turn as its seasoned, but that doesnt seem to be the case. On the other hand now that my vector is seasoned i definitely feel like like i can stretch it out more and do more with it.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:23 AM
FROLF OFF!

Granted that vector is a FR and 2 years old now... lol so not the easiest discs to "break-in" but wow is it nice flying. Find it to be 50'+ longer than my freshie and holds a beautiful slow turning anhyzer with enough juice.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

To really answer this I'll need to throw the new versions of the Tangent and the Tensor, which should happen very soon...

I think the most overlap is going to be between the Axis/Vector...These discs fly quite similarly apart from the fact that the Vector starts out more overstable and retains a bit more LSS. When I play I mainly use my N Axis/N Vector and I use them as I would use a fresh and seasoned version of the same mold. Both of these molds are long/fast mids...both are longer than a Roc, so I don't really like throwing shorter shots or approaching with either (like on 150' shots with ceilings too low for putters). My arm seems to want to throw at least 300' with those discs (or low shots with the same power that ground out earlier).

The N Tangent is really nice on shots < 300'. Within that range it can fly on any line, low or high, and nestle nicely. Past that distance it is a slow turner for me until deep in it's flight. It gets lines that are quite different looking/feeling from the Axis/Vector at any distance.

I'm hoping the Tensor is going to have a quicker transition from turned over back to hyzer...This is where the Vector is slow, no matter how overstable it is...The big bead just mutes this action. I'm also hoping the Tensor will get slowed less into the wind without the bead.

Overall I could still see myself carrying all 4, just looking at my Axis/Vector as one mold, the Tangent on the understable end, and the Tensor perhaps replacing my overstable Eclipse Vector (which I currently throw very rarely).
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
FROLF OFF!

Well said.. I agree with the axis/vector and will probably boil down to either being a windy or calm day as to which one will see some action. I think the heavy proton tangents may really over-lap with the axis though from the looks of MC's video, specially once axis gets seasoned. There will still be enough difference with the vector, being beaded like you said give it a ton of speed and its a really unique flying OS mid apart from the new tensor/tangents.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Quote:

I will carry 4 mids most likely. I still need to try the tensor. Also buzzz is carried instead of the axis.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 12
I carry 4 mids in my discraft bag. FLX Buzzz, ESP Wasp, ESP Hornet, and FLX Drone. The wasp gets the most use, followed by the buzzz. I hardly used my hornet or drone, but its great knowing they are in the bag when I need them. (wind/obsticle)

So carrying all mvp mids should not be that big of a deal. Each has a roll it will excel at more than the next.
I just really enjoy throwing mids...esp mvps.

Like discspeed I can get the axis/vector out to 300', but mostly I just throw low, line shaping shots due to the dense wooded layout of my old home course.

I was happy to see MikeC get the same flight pattern out of his vector as I do in his new video. (I'm the only one I know that uses a vector)
Its my most used mvp mid.

Last edited by Ty_Ty; 04-25-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
That was my most OS Vector, most of mine are less OS (Either started that way or got seasoned). I like this Vector a lot but stopped throwing it because I didn't want to season it.

If I wanted to be an MVP minimalist I would probably go with Tensors and Tangents. As it is though I plan to carry Tensor, Axis and Tangent. I haven't had good luck finding Vectors that fly as OS as the one in that video, and I like the idea of a disc that starts out a notch beefier than that, so that after it seasons some it won't overlap with my fresh Axis as much as a seasoned Vector.

The Tensor seems like it will be a good OS workhorse. I think its a very useful blend of glide and beef.

The Axis is my favorite disc for dead straight drives with a late, tiny fade. It is extremely consistent for this shot. It also gives me a nice gliding hyzer shot, and is one of my favorite BH anhyzer discs because I can crack it hard and it holds the angle.

The Tangent can overlap with an Axis some in calm weather if its a heavy, fresh Tangent, but they still behave a little differently. The Tangent looks like its a hair slower in the air, and has more glide. They will also show more turn than an Axis. Tangents will take an anhyzer release and exaggerate it while the Axis just holds it. There is a time and place for each shot.

The only thing I'm wondering is how to cycle the Axis and Tangent as they beat in. I carried a beat Axis for my understable slot before the Tangent came out, now I'm not sure what to do with a beat Axis...

Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
For some reason on hard throws I consistently get more distance out of my Tangent (172g) than I do my Axis (177g). Just me?
Closed Thread