Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
For some reason on hard throws I consistently get more distance out of my Tangent (172g) than I do my Axis (177g). Just me?
It's purely the weight. My 172 Tangent is quite a bit longer than my 178 Tangent. Also my lightest Axis (175) and lightest Vector (174) fly farther and glide much better than their heavier counterparts.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The only thing I'm wondering is how to cycle the Axis and Tangent as they beat in. I carried a beat Axis for my understable slot before the Tangent came out, now I'm not sure what to do with a beat Axis...
So a beat Axis fills the same slot as a Tangent?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks discpeed. The pair is working really well for me. I didn't notice the differences in the field because I tend to throw everything hard while testing. Today's the first time I used them exclusively on the course and the more I threw them the more I saw how different they are. I'm glad I have the weights I do and would recommend anyone getting into the MVP mids to get a lighter Tangent to pair with a heavier Axis (not any light Axes anyway).
Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

not seeing clear proton tangents listed on the pre order venues.. i know you testers got em, and ill be harassing you all after may 3rd.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
i was thinking about taking out my seasoned axis and beefy vector which would leave me with the tensor, a beat vector, fresh eclipse axis and tangent.. i get a lot of overlap on the beat vector/eclipse axis though.. not sure which to drop.

I just want to eliminate situations where im not sure what to throw..

im leaning toward tensor, beat vector, tangent because i have another vector that's beat perfectly and would easily replace the one i have if needed.

Then i think about my axis and how good it has been to me for so long, i really dont want to give it up such an amazing disc.

Maybe i should just keep them all in the bag? Would that hurt my game trying to learn so many discs?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
i was thinking about taking out my seasoned axis and beefy vector which would leave me with the tensor, a beat vector, fresh eclipse axis and tangent.. i get a lot of overlap on the beat vector/eclipse axis though.. not sure which to drop.

I just want to eliminate situations where im not sure what to throw..

im leaning toward tensor, beat vector, tangent because i have another vector that's beat perfectly and would easily replace the one i have if needed.

Then i think about my axis and how good it has been to me for so long, i really dont want to give it up such an amazing disc.

Maybe i should just keep them all in the bag? Would that hurt my game trying to learn so many discs?
Same here- for the value, a beat vector is much easier to replace cycling fresh axis so I can see the axis being around for calmer days and vector for slightly windier days. Heavy proton tangent and light neutron will really cover the stable/US slot well IMO without much need for an axis, unless used like a fairway driver.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Kind of funny that as MVP fans we want to throw all their plastic, but now have to whittle our bags down because of overlap.

It's a good problem to have, as they expand their lineup.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

i too was ready to dump my axis (axes) out of my bag after the tangents came out, but they just keep on making great shots. i use them mostly when i want loooooooong full power straight shots that need to finish a little right or a little left, where ill use the tangent for touch shots and approaches.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
i too was ready to dump my axis (axes) out of my bag after the tangents came out, but they just keep on making great shots. i use them mostly when i want loooooooong full power straight shots that need to finish a little right or a little left, where ill use the tangent for touch shots and approaches.
I went out and threw them against one another before work today because I was concerned for my seasoned Axis's life. It still has a place in my bag even with the new Tangent right next to it. If people don't have room for an Axis and a Tangent (or multiples), the solution isn't get rid of those discs, it's buy a bigger bag

Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
I went out and threw them against one another before work today because I was concerned for my seasoned Axis's life. It still has a place in my bag even with the new Tangent right next to it. If people don't have room for an Axis and a Tangent (or multiples), the solution isn't get rid of those discs, it's buy a bigger bag
a bigger bag!?

my bag carries 20 comfortably.. its hard to understand why i need so many

I carry:
2 E Ion
2 N Ions
2 N Tangents
2 P Axis
2 P Vectors
2 N Volt
2 N Shock
2 GL River
2 BF Trespass