Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Got a Nano today. It is badass. That is all.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I got a chance to play a round with my MVP Neutron Ion. First off, that thing is amazing. I have never hit so many good puts in my life. My friend was amazed. I was using it for putting in the circle and approaches within 35 feet. I can't wait to go out tomorrow with it.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
Gimme the deuce! (Neutron Ion)

I'm going to have to go ahead and make a duplicate of this. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 12
Finally found my fr shock after 2 months in a snow drift. Too bad I can't get out and throw it. The fields are still covered with snow and the parking lot where I normally throw them has been cleared out. I'm def not throwing my mvps on asphalt on purpose lol.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Bogey Member

Question for all. Im sure this has been talked about sometime, and somewhere, but does neutron plastic provide the same durability as proton just with more grip. Also does it have different stability characteristics?

Last edited by ajcloutier; 04-28-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcloutier View Post
Question for all. Im sure this has been talked about sometime, and somewhere, but does neutron plastic privide the same durability as proton just with more grip. Also does it have different stability characteristics?
its all the exact same. dont let anyone fool you.
higher plh and more dome (than others of the same mold) will yield more stability.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Eagle Member

Sweet! I just drank the MVP Kool aid and it tastes goooood. I ordered, all in Neutron, the following discs hoping to make a coup d'état in my bag : Tangent, Axis, Vector, Tensor, Amp, Volt, 2nd run Shock and a Nano (at this point, why not?).

If things goes according to plan, my bag will look like those 7 disc, plus a Magic Or Wizard, a Zone and maybe a speed 11-13 understable disc (D4, Katana, Tern...) not sure yet. Waiting to see how the Amp and Volt fly for me,
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Eagle Member

I guess I could talk about what made me take this somehow radical decision to change my bag.

I really like how MVP run their company. I think they are setting a standard of business practices that is not matched by other companies at the moment. I like how seriously they take each mold they develop and I believe they will be able to continue to produce consistent products year after year.

Thus, when I have to replace a disc, I can count on the new one to be very similar to the one I lost, which is quite important to me as I want to settle on a bag and keep myself from trying every disc out there...!

We'll see how that goes...!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Welcome to the greener side of the fence.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 27
^^ Perfect example...I bought a 179 eclipse vector. Threw it in the field, just flew beautifully. Lazer straight with a predictable forward fade at the end. Very first round...water all down the right side of the fairway, threw a pretty good shot down the left edge, but it took one of those crazy skim-bounces off of a tree where it doesn't really lose much speed, but completely changes trajectory...right in the the splasher.

Pissed that I lost a brand new 18 dollar disc...but I grabbed a new one and it performed exactly the same. It's a great feeling.
Closed Thread