Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Eagle Member

There is an instructional DVD where Climo and Felberg talk about putting styles and Climo explains his theories on Push Putt. Not sure if its on you tube.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
I saw that you were putting with Proton. I just got a Neutron Ion and like it. However, the plastic is a bit slick in the rain. I was thinking of getting a Proton Soft to try out, hence why I asked about the plastic type. What do you use each putter for and why the need for both. I am bit of a newb with MVP stuff.
I carry both the Anode and Ion in my bag and use them both depending on situations. I actually carry two Anodes in my tourney bag, one of each Proton and Neutron.

The Proton Anode I use for my inside the circle putting. I like the Soft Proton Anode for this duty, very straight flight and minimal fade at the end allows me to attack the basket. This disc really help improve my putting game.

The Neutron Anode is really only used for a driving putter off the tee, just dont like messing with my inside the circle disc, so I rarely drive with the Soft Proton version. Leave that duty to the Neutron Anode.

Lastly, the Neutron Ion I use for going around obstacles and some tough basket placements. Like being able to fade in from the side and slide up to the basket rather than always throwing darts right at it. With its bead, the Ion has a nice reliable fade. Also use it for drives depending on how I want to approach the basket.

Nutsac rounds (1-5 discs) I just pack the Proton Anode.
Med size rounds (6-10 discs) I carry one Anode and one Ion
Grip/tourney rounds (10-20 discs) I carry (2) Anodes and one Ion.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
Can someone post a video describing a push putt? Thank
Feldbeard: http://vimeo.com/19847946

I've been trying this with mixed success. The theory makes perfect sense to me, just need practice to develop the power.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
Feldbeard: http://vimeo.com/19847946

I've been trying this with mixed success. The theory makes perfect sense to me, just need practice to develop the power.
Here is Climo's philosophy on putting in words.

http://www.kenclimo.com/howto_putt.htm

Personally, I can't push putt worth crap. I figure I will learn to Spin putt and when I'm a bit better will work on Push for inside the circle. I do minimize the spin when I putt though, especially for short putts. I use an Ion, which I love, just to stay on topic
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thank guys.

I just played Mt. Airy with a couple guys; a father and son. They were cool enough to let me join them for a round.

I also traded in my proton Axis for a neutron Axis. Also, I upgrade deGrasse to a soft anode
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
Also, I upgrade deGrasse to a soft anode
You should probably name your soft anode either Neil or Tyson then
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
You should probably name your soft anode either Neil or Tyson then
lol
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

my first round with an all MVP driver line up.

volt is the best driver for my game. one light has more fade one heavy that does not fade as much but is more hss.

the shock is MEATY!! wow i didnt expect it to be so meaty, i only have 350 power, but that shock is gonna take out the qolf and possibly the xxx. fun disc and responded really well to some nasty wind today.

the amp is sneaky long and it pulls out of the fade, i love that. can get it to wiggle for me but its coming back, i flipped my volt more today than my amps. it was me not the disc, but the amp is a pleasant surprise and it is bagged.

I guess i may just have to settle in with the MVP lineup to me all their discs are just amazing. I have more confidence in these discs than any in my playing career, and the best part is i dont have to hunt down certain runs!!

Go MVP!!! Now gimme a speed 10/11 and I will quit my job and tour with the big boys, if only to get completely embarrassed, but MVP would get some exposure!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Mr. Glass, I think I need a new Shock

I was wanting mine to be meaty, but it isn't really. I think my Volt is more meaty than it. My Shock turns a lot before fading. I have to hyzer-flip it to make it stay straight. I don't think it will be very good in windy conditions

Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Your shock really sounds like a first run shock Johnny... Get a newer one.
Closed Thread