Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Volts definitely have turn, but it is manageable. They do not have TB stability. Just today I threw a Volt 10' high, slight hyzer release and 75% power in a very mild headwind and got a gentle turnover out of it, parking a 280' hole. That's one of the selling points of the Volt for me. Stable enough that the turn can be masked with clean hyzer releases, but the turn can also be exploited for a huge amount of technical lines.
True- I was not trying to say they don't have turn its just very easy to control with a hyzer release at 325' and under. Volts are much more workable than a teebird in that sense and agree with you, was just trying to prove a point that they are not by any means "flippy" or "bad" for throwing in a headwind and will hold a hell of a hyzer line not just fly straight-- now if this video would just finish processing?!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
You guys clearly have never thrown a Teebird.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

I use to have a champ teebird
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 103
Tensor testing

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Throwing new tensors and other MVP mids in a 15-20MPH Left to Right Headwind. Throwing mostly hyzers a few anhyzer/flex shots. You can see how windy it was, with high anny ION shot being carried away. Fun disc to throw and less touchy than a vector plus a little more OS.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
You guys clearly have never thrown a Teebird.
I have thrown a Teebird. In fact I have 3 of them. The DX discs are nice but then Innova changed the plastic. All of the Champion ones I found were really domy.. So I can't really use them. Plus I am trying to leave Innova once and for all. The dragon will stay for crap shots that I don't care if I lose it and the Orc is my favorite utility disc. I am not pressing on changing those up but goodbye Valk, Teebird, and Mamba??
Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
The Teebird is a great disc everyone should try at least once, but I don't think it would add anything to my current setup. I still toss my buddies champ TB once in a while just to be sure. Same with KC Pro Rocs. If MVP wasn't around I'd most likely have multiples of each bagged.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm fine with anyone not throwing a Teebird, or even wanting a whole MVP lineup. I have plenty of MVP stuff myself. I just don't get the need to bash other brands as justification for having an all-MVP lineup. If you want to have an all-MVP bag, that's cool. Just have it. No need to bash on other stuff to make it sound OK.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Nice video Chains! Can't wait to get a Tensor. Then, once MVP comes out with a distance driver, my life will be complete.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

well this is the MVP thread...

Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
I'm fine with anyone not throwing a Teebird, or even wanting a whole MVP lineup. I have plenty of MVP stuff myself. I just don't get the need to bash other brands as justification for having an all-MVP lineup. If you want to have an all-MVP bag, that's cool. Just have it. No need to bash on other stuff to make it sound OK.
The voice of reason.
Closed Thread