Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
Mr. MikeC, what kind of camera do you use for your dg videos?
Answered in a previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Yep, big Bonobo fan. Used two of their songs in an old video I did with Rocs and Wizards (D song and Something For Wendy I think).

Samsung TL350, which fellow dgcer 811rv was kind enough to send my way. We have him to thank for HD.

I use my dad's old tripod from the early 80's that's missing a few bolts that I've replaced with CAT5 cable for now. I keep meaning to get one of those rotating mounts to make getting the shot level much quicker, but for now I manually adjust each leg when I'm shooting a scene from a hill.

I use Windows Live Movie Maker because I've been too lazy to learn some real video editing software. I've been huge into Photoshop since around 2000-2001 and download the trial of Adobes video editor and felt waaaaaay in over my head.

Mueltrain, one instructional video I definitely plan to shoot is discussing release angles and how different discs respond to them. Something like showing a stable-neutral disc flying on a hyzer, anhyzer, roller and flat release straight shot, then show how overstable and understable molds respond to the same thing and how you can use specific combinations to acheive certain lines, e.g. flex shot approaches with an overstsble disc, or hyzer flips with understable discs. I think under-utilizing release angles is one of the biggest things that holds newcomers back from being able to hit the lines you want. I can't imagine how frustrating shaping lines would be if I only knew how to release flat, and I feel bad when I see people release their straight flyer flat into a headwind, and then bitch about the wind. I just want to yell HYZER!

Giving thought to pursuing tournament play this year.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Bogey Member

This is probably something answered within the 500 some pages of MVP dialogue; Is an x mold eagle similar a Volt or Shock in stability and glide?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcloutier View Post
This is probably something answered within the 500 some pages of MVP dialogue; Is an x mold eagle similar a Volt or Shock in stability and glide?
The EX would be in between the Volt and Shock, probably closer to the Shock all around, though the Shock is more HSS. The Volt is more like an EL in stability and glide.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Before I buy more neutron Tensors, I have to ask....

Will MVP release the Tensor in tasty proton shortly?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

MVP never divulges what is around the corner...
Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
MVP never divulges what is around the corner...
I know I know. Loo. I just really hope they crank out these gems in the newer, softer proton. And eclipse sparkle......
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Hoping for an MVP Distance Driver before its too late into the season, so far im loving my DD Trespass.

Would also like to see a Fairway Driver that's easier to throw straight without turn (like the volt) or so much fade(like the shock). Need something with the HSS of the shock and LSS of the Volt and its over

Maybe once i beat one of my shocks in real good it will be exactly what im looking for
Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm concerned with how thin the flight plate (sometimes) is in the center where they snip the nub off.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
I'm concerned with how thin the flight plate (sometimes) is in the center where they snip the nub off.
I have noticed that too on the fairway drivers, but it hasn't been an issue for any of the 13 I have. I have no doubt MVP will make sure it is a solid design before releasing it, just like any other company.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 3
I got my third one yesterday. Brings me up to 79 discs. Anyone have another I can buy/trade to put me at 80? If so PM me!!!!!

Closed Thread