Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Okay,I am here to report how I feel about what I have done with the Ion so far.

Putting........

The Ion is the single best putter I have ever used,I think it fits in extremely well with my hybrid pitch/spin style. This is only after one round,but whatever,the only thing I didn't enjoy it for was the longer jump putts where I really noticed the textured bottom(on mine)rub against my fingers,but i'm hoping an untextured run will solve that.

driving.

I haven't really done enough research yet here but the one time I threw it off the tee it held the line extremely well,I need to play with it some more before I make more comments.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
This is only after one round,but whatever,the only thing I didn't enjoy it for was the longer jump putts where I really noticed the textured bottom(on mine)rub against my fingers,but i'm hoping an untextured run will solve that..
Yep, this is one of the main reasons for polishing out the rough engraving on the bottom. They are all now nice and smooth and grippy.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:49 PM

The vector didn't do it for me,but the Ion is awesome,it looks like the magics are retired...sucks cause I just did the gateway deal...

Time to unload them I guess
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
If it makes you feel any better I was sitting on about 30 Wizards when I made the switch. It's actually been a good source of income the past month
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 PM

It'd make me feel better if I could do 1 for 1's with the magics,lawl,but I know that won't happen.

They made smooth opaques right? because i really dig the opaques more than the translucent
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
It'd make me feel better if I could do 1 for 1's with the magics,lawl,but I know that won't happen.

They made smooth opaques right? because i really dig the opaques more than the translucent
There were a few runs with smooth bottom opaques, but they are all now transparent. I haven't checked any retailers if they have any left though.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Didn't really pay attention the other day when i was at GGGT, but if i remember correctly they did have some of the new opaque runs left.

On another note, how are the production run vectors. I wasn't too wowed with the first runs and want to give them another shot becuase I LOVE my ions and my axis (can't wait till lighter ones come out too). I know in the first runs there were different domes and they affected the flight slightly. If someone could give me a quick rundown on them I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by UnitedPuppySlayer; 09-20-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
On another note, how are the production run vectors. I wasn't too wowed with the first runs and want to give them another shot becuase I LOVE my ions and my axis (can't wait till lighter ones come out too). I know in the first runs there were different domes and they affected the flight slightly. If someone could give me a quick rundown on them I would greatly appreciate it.
Ditto. I wasn't thrilled with my 1st run Vector either b/c it was so flat. I feel like if I had one with some shoulders a little bit of dome we might work out.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Didn't really pay attention the other day when i was at GGGT, but if i remember correctly they did have some of the new opaque runs left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Ditto. I wasn't thrilled with my 1st run Vector either b/c it was so flat. I feel like if I had one with some shoulders a little bit of dome we might work out.
Vectors have very uniform domes now...They are a little domier than the Axis, but it's a gradual and even dome. They glide better than the flat ones, and the fade is a little mellower than the super domey first runs. All around they make a great overstable compliment to the Axis, and stay overstable seemingly forever. I even beat one in on purpose when they came out, but slowly it has actually regained stability and is now about the same as my other used Vectors (slightly less stable than new).

One of the keys to the durability of MVP's discs is that they have no flash on the bottom like every other disc on the market...This gives most new discs an artificial stability/overstability that wears off in the first month and can drastically alter flight character. MVP discs never change stability abruptly because of this.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 69
Will the Axis or Vector be available in "soft" proton plastic?
Closed Thread