Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
Will the Axis or Vector be available in "soft" proton plastic?
They've told me probably not when I've asked in the past, but that is always subject to change as they could obviously do it if they wanted. That would be very interesting if they did imo. I know the soft Ions glide better than the mediums...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
We currently only offer 'Soft Proton' in our putters. Our standard 'Proton' will be in all non putter discs.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
They've told me probably not when I've asked in the past, but that is always subject to change as they could obviously do it if they wanted. That would be very interesting if they did imo. I know the soft Ions glide better than the mediums...
Soft axis an even longer ion?! I gotta go change my pants...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
Quote:
We currently only offer 'Soft Proton' in our putters. Our standard 'Proton' will be in all non putter discs.
DO EET! DO EET NAO!

Seriously. Soft Axis, do it.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 41
So I guess that's a no to the Ion-Axis-Vector package?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
I hope the Axis is more of an instant thing for me. The vectors are sorta hit-and-miss when I throw them. Sometimes they'll OAT flutter and turn over, sometimes they'll fly great, not exactly what I'm looking for in a overstable mid. Which is a shame because I liked the Ion immediately, but the Vector kept confusing me
Old 09-20-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
So I guess that's a no to the Ion-Axis-Vector package?
We do not operate on the retail level as we do not want to compete directly with our retailers. However, it could be a great idea if you propose this to them as it could be a mutually beneficial way to sell our discs.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
I hope the Axis is more of an instant thing for me. The vectors are sorta hit-and-miss when I throw them. Sometimes they'll OAT flutter and turn over, sometimes they'll fly great, not exactly what I'm looking for in a overstable mid. Which is a shame because I liked the Ion immediately, but the Vector kept confusing me

I have a similar problem but the more I throw it, the smoother it seems to become. Pretty sure it's more a problem with me than the disc, though.

On a separate note, I currently own a 168 opaque white, medium Ion. Love that frakkin' disc. I'd really like to pick up an Ion in Proton plastic (really like the way they look and the colors just pop out when lying on the ground making them very easy to find). However, I'm only able to find softs available in that same weight range anywhere near me. I haven't had a chance to feel them yet, but how soft are they? I don't particularly like buttery discs anymore or, more accurately, discs that can flex in your hand when throwing.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsuit View Post
On a separate note, I currently own a 168 opaque white, medium Ion. Love that frakkin' disc. I'd really like to pick up an Ion in Proton plastic (really like the way they look and the colors just pop out when lying on the ground making them very easy to find). However, I'm only able to find softs available in that same weight range anywhere near me. I haven't had a chance to feel them yet, but how soft are they? I don't particularly like buttery discs anymore or, more accurately, discs that can flex in your hand when throwing.
They sure are bright, and its technically our same Proton plastic, just new transparent colorants which are standard for our Proton line now.

I wouldn't describe our Soft Proton to be floppy, but rather they have a tacky slightly gummy feel to them. You can flex them but not floppy/flexy. The key is the nice tacky gummy surface feel to them.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
They sure are bright, and its technically our same Proton plastic, just new transparent colorants which are standard for our Proton line now.

I wouldn't describe our Soft Proton to be floppy, but rather they have a tacky slightly gummy feel to them. You can flex them but not floppy/flexy. The key is the nice tacky gummy surface feel to them.

Awesome. Thank you for the info.
Closed Thread