Old 01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

news of the neutral putter is what convinced me to sell off the majority of my collection / inn-mill backups. always said i could be rich if i dropped innova.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
That's what has me worried. I'm going to have a lot of drivers to unload if the ones they put out are anywhere near as good as the molds they've already released. The thing about their discs is even when I first try them, I really like them and want to bag them based on that initial impression, but the more I use them the more I get impressed by their ability to hold their line. Like the Ion I loved right away for putts when I tried them again this summer, but for how straight they are they hold up to a headwind quite well I've learned.

Today I had two of my best FH drives with Ions. I played putters only at my home course and I tried a FH hyzer shot on #9 which is a 325' hard right turning shot. Tee & basket. I got around the bushes and had a putt for birdie (Missed lol) had to be a good 290-300 deep. The thing is though I didn't throw it more than 20' high and it still got that D no problem, with a little height I might be able to park it. Then I tried 13 tee & basket and before I threw I even said to my buddy "I have no confidence hitting this low line with a FH putter shot" and ended up putting it 15' short for an easy deuce. I was genuinely surprised that I both avoided the low hanging pine branches and got the D I needed for a bird.

Keep learning new things about these great discs.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
The first run my wife has turned to much for my liking. It also had the sand bottom and the curve on the inside was to pronounced. I didn't like it. I threw the ones mike sent me and I loved the grip right away. But when I drove it I was blown away, it shot out of my hand and turned a little before hitting the ground because I didn't throw it high enough. After that though I had some killer clean shots on a rather snowy windy day. Those things are baller. Now to rebuild my form...
Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 12
I like my ions for mid range duties better then actually putting with them. I prefer the feel of say a JK aviar-x for putting duties.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 1
I've been using my 1st runs for 100' and in fh approaches lately. It's crazy how easy it is to get it to the basket with just the tiniest flick. It just floats and floats
Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I have a 164 3rd run that is the exact same!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 27
Same, the 164 Ions are a blast. Very little fade when thrown with good spin.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 34
I just got a used first run Ion in the mail, and I wasn't going to put it up on the wall without throwing it a few times.

How did the first run's stability compare to the newer runs for you?

This thing heads straight for awhile then has a really nice anhyzer (rhbh) at the end almost like I am throwing left handed. Is that normal for the first runs?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
The first runs and the current runs are on the complete opposite sides of the spectrum. Yes the flight is normal for first runs.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 94
So, MVP appears to have a penchant for designing an overstable version first (Ion, Vector) and then modifying said version into a more neutral disc later (Anode, Axis). Can we expect their first driver to be on the overstable side, more Eagle-X than Leopard?
Closed Thread