Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 55
I was looking forward to playing my 1st top 10 course when it dries and warms up a bit. Damn Damn Damn!!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripstuff View Post
Ok, no offense to anyone that knows this guy and I'm hoping he is just pissed, but he comes off like a real DB in that post. It kind of sounds like, its okay to swear, litter, and be a jackass on other courses, but not here, not at my baby. Meh just rubbed me the wrong way. How about we encourage disc golfers to not be arseholes everywhere, not just at one "precious" private course.
i doubt anyone involved in the operation of a private course has any issues with kelly's tone... (no i don't know him)
Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
That is not what he meant at all, basically he is saying it happens everywhere and is unfortanately tolerated everywhere but cannot be tolerated there.

Kelly is probably the closest thing I have ever seen to a complete 180 from a dbag. He is a total class guy and I know that he is more angry at himself for letting it get out of control than he is at the brainless dimwits who do this at any course they are at.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
i doubt anyone involved in the operation of a private course has any issues with kelly's tone... (no i don't know him)
None on my end, I own Phantom Falls and I deal with this stuff (on a smaller scale) every week. I don't have a problem W/anything he said. That is his baby, the Phantom is my baby, and we are going to protect our dream, and what we worked so hard for. DB? really??
Old 01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrothley@msn.com View Post
None on my end, I own Phantom Falls and I deal with this stuff (on a smaller scale) every week. I don't have a problem W/anything he said. That is his baby, the Phantom is my baby, and we are going to protect our dream, and what we worked so hard for. DB? really??
Yeah, read again, and try to comprehend. I said that I'm sure he is just upset, but the things he said were rather douchey. Especially, ".3% thought they were playing at Redan". To me that says, go cuss, litter, and act like idiots on other courses, just not here. What? Really?

How about just saying this behavior shouldn't be accepted behavior anywhere, not just on one dude's private course. Why don't you folks that own your own course get off your high horses. Damn!

I wasn't saying this guy IS a douche, I was saying that's a real douchey way to come off. I'll say it again, sh!tty behavior shouldn't be tolerated anywhere, his course, your course, or public courses.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Oh and thank you to Billnchristy for not going all, "OMG how could you accuse someone that owns a course of this". I made an observant comment and he had an opposite and relevant response. Again thank you.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Are you kidding me girl? I don't want your wrath.

I think the Redan comment is because there have been numerous issues with people getting busted and yet the trash cans still literally overflow with beer bottles.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I am and I do....I thought he was WAY too tactful and generous in claiming some responsibility for being too trusting. I'd have blasted to transgressors a lot more than he did.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Are you kidding me girl? I don't want your wrath.

I think the Redan comment is because there have been numerous issues with people getting busted and yet the trash cans still literally overflow with beer bottles.

It sucks in both cases for sure. People suck, why would anyone mess with courses and equipment that is there for them to use. I'll never understand it.

I guess the reason I was a little pissy about his comments is because I have worked hard on a couple public courses, putting in tee pads, cleaning up trash, clearing underbrush, a little design work, and it sucks if people who own their own course think that theirs deserves more respect. IMO that is disrespectful, thats all I was trying to get across.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I am and I do....I thought he was WAY too tactful and generous in claiming some responsibility for being too trusting. I'd have blasted to transgressors a lot more than he did.
Oh I wasn't saying he shouldn't blast them or be pretty much an a-hole about it, I would be too, but I would be no matter what course it was on. If I was playing his course and saw someone acting like a dick I would definitely let them know about it. Same way I would at Redan or any course for that matter.

I think there needs to be giant strides in "self policing" if you will, those of us that know how to act on a course need to start letting these little DBs know whats up, but again, that goes for every course. We can just let it go in some places and act like its the end of the world at others, as a matter of fact it seems it should be a lot bigger deal on public courses, the parks department, city, state, whoever could pull those at any time without much of a reason at all. On your private course, kick those little bastards to the curb, that's all I'm saying.
Closed Thread