Old 06-27-2016, 06:59 PM

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default Six Disc Bag

So I was thinking of putting together a small bag (I have an OG nutsack) with six discs for quick games after work or whatever. I am planning on not being at full strength during these games as I have a pretty physical job so I lowered all of the speeds of the discs from what is in my bigger bags to compensate. Do you all see any glaring issues or alternate thoughts on this?

DX Firebird
Champion Valkyrie
KC Pro Roc
ESP Comet
DX Classic Aviar
Vibram Ridge (I like this disc for putts that need to stick and also drive it better than the Aviar)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2

I would want a stable fairway instead of two putters. The comet can handle a lot of straight to Understable short shots so if the ridge can putt I would rather have a teebird or something along those lines.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 PM

That's a good point! I can putt with the ridge fine and I have a couple teebirds I could replace the Aviar with, I just don't have a ton of practice time with it, though I can definitely change that. I think I will swap them out, it makes it more rounded. Would it be better in DX or champion? The DX is semi-broken in and the champion is pretty much unscathed.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 PM

What about something more like a River for the fairway rather than a teebird? It seems like it would be easier to shot shape either way. I do not have any experience with the disc itself, but I just found a moonshine River with no phone or name on it a couple weeks ago. (It looks understable, but I have been told the moonshine plastic makes it more stable, not sure about that as I haven't thrown the disc in any plastic besides the one I have and of that one only a few times)

Edit: Grammar me no good with.

Last edited by Requiem; 06-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Birdie Member

I like the teebird personally because they can handle a headwind better and fly straighter than a FB into one. All depends on your arm speed though. I have never thrown a river. I would think the Valkyrie could shape a lot of the same lines as the river with its combo of turn and fade.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 PM

I have pretty good arm speed, better than 9... I usually throw destroyers, vibrams and nukes in my other bags with good distance and control. But this was a bag for after work when I have been lifting and moving heavy things all day. I have noticed with my Saturday morning bag that they just don't work right on a Wednesday night after work. I just don't seem to have the strength at that point, getting old is getting old. I have a bunch of experience with the Valkyrie and can do a lot of things with it. It was one of my first discs (not this one specifically, as I have lost, cracked and worn out others) and has always been in my bag.

I'll throw the teebird in there after some practice with it this week and we will see how that goes. If it doesn't work, then I'll change it. Not a big deal. I'm not even sure this bag is going to help with playing after work or if it is just going to mess up my weekend games. No idea at all about that. I just want to play "well" more often.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Birdie Member

Well one of the best things I have done for my game is reduce my mold count. Breeds more confidence in my shots and decision making. So I bet it will help you.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 PM

That is a side benefit of making a small bag. I found that I was carrying plastic I just didn't use more than once or twice a round, if at all. Seemed like I am just carrying discs to fill the bag and make my back hurt.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 13

I too think a teebird type disc would be more beneficial than two putters. Maybe a tl or FD might work, something to hit longer tunnel shots.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8

I like what everyone has said about getting a control driver and dropping a putter. I love the River, but it's on the straight-to-understable side. So I'd suggest a Star Teebird or (max weight) Champion TL.