Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettDN View Post
I take it you are actually a no driver type guy?

If this is the authoritative cfair bag thread can we get some throwing stats/info for reference?
I'll be doing drivers shortly, won't be long. But any way these are about where I was at when I stopped playing for winter/rough guesses from the few rounds I've played since the snow has melted.

Ridge - 250' on a strong hyzer line, about 280'-290' on a flex.
Comet - 320' on a hyzer flip and I love doing this.
Roc - 280' on a hyzer, haven't really tried distance lines with it because the comet is so freaking delicious.

The drivers I've thrown well have gone farther but this summer I'll be learning a whole lot more about throwing flat instead of hyzer in order to go for higher lines to squeeze more D.

We'll see.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLong View Post
3-4 putter molds sounds excessive, what do you use them all for?
I'm actually just testing them all out. I'm going to whittle it down to 1-2 molds. So far the ridge holds the spot since I have it beat in, but the wizard might kick it. I doubt the Voodoo will, the summit is becoming a nice touch disc. Maybe long putts... I dunno, never been that involved in my putting game. But now I will be, so look out putters I'm developing my game!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 213
I got my Jokeris today . Did you ever try them?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Nope... care to share?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
* Ace Member *

So I tried out a bunch of diff putters.

Wizard, voodoo, KC Aviar, Ion, Zone, Ringer, Challenger, Ridge (Firm and XLink) and Summit (Firm and XLink.

The Voodoo, Ion, and Zone were out quick. I ended up giving the zone another trial run but it just didn't pull together. To Mid like. The Ion... is a nice disc, just not for me. The Voodoo, is alright but eh... The Summit I didn't feel like it was okay for putting, driving, and approach but it wasn't good enough.

So I was down to the Ridge, Ringer, KC Aviar, and Wizard. I dropped the Ridge due to its ability to hold OAT to much and because the other discs were going farther in ways that I liked so much more. The low profile of the Ringer is actually what kicked it out, which is what I liked about it before. But the Wiz and Aviar, being so close to one another, were just fine. I played through trying to decide on which one and it I think it just came down to the Aviar, who one out in the end. Just a plain ol 12x KC Pro. I think I may dye it fuchsia.

Putter
KC Aviar

For mids I have been tied to Comets and Rocs. Love it, but i tried out some diff types of comets (TP, ESP, Z) and the ESP and Z are gonna be in the bag. However I may just end up keeping rocs in different stages as my main mids and snag a real wind fighting mid.... thoughts.

Mids
ESP Comet- beat in awesomeness
Z Comet - slightly new, so nice
Beat KC Roc - love it
Pink domey DX Roc- my baby
Pink flat DX Roc - very nice

and as for drivers... well I think I'll try some slower fairways... but we'll see. Im just enjoying things being really solidified for a while.

Thoughts ya'll?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 214
I love the now OOP DX Pegasus as a wind-fighting mid. But I think I'm pretty much alone in that department. If you like Rocs, I'd just advise finding one of the more overstable runs of Rocs and using that as your headwind mid. No Rocs are super overstable, but the profile itself holds very well upwind with an overstable run, like the 10Xs, some of the glow USDGCs or over some of the SuperRocs
Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Didn't try a Magic?

Curious to see what you find on the mids. I'm in love with my Hornets which I find to be a little faster and just a touch more OS than a fresh KC Roc, but not so much in love with my Fuse just yet. I am beginning to think I just don't care as much for understable mids. Gotta give it more of a try yet.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 27
I'm glad you decided to go with a KC Pro Aviar for your putter. I love mine. I do carry a couple of other putters but mostly as utility discs and my particular KC has a tendancy to roll on hills, so I use an Ion to putt in that circumstance.

When do you plan to add drivers and aren't you worried you're going to hyzer everything?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 AM
* Ace Member *

No I didn't try a magic. Silly boy, but as for the Roc being fine for an overstable mid... I've found this. I usually run a beat Comet (most understable disc) Z Comet (stable), fleshy KC Roc (stable, hyzers a touch better), Beat DX Roc (stable to overstable), and a flat top DX Roc (overstable) and what I have found is that due to wind they all get kicked down a notch in stability so the fleshy comet becomes unusable, the Z become very understable, the KC very understable, and so forth. The prob is I need something that won't bounce around in the wind and still hyzer out. Enter discs like the Gator, Blaze and Demon, Horney. Which I will try out, and is why I kinda just want to grind down to Rocs only and 0/1 comet.

starting to add drivers now actually. Stalker and a Leo. I'm not worried about hyzering everything for two reasons, I've learned decent enough form. And because they're slower fairway drivers they won't be as touchy as faster ones.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
The San Marino Q Sentinel mold would be perfect for you I think. The new run is good too but they're not much more overstable than a new KC Pro Roc.