Disc Golf Store
Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
No I didn't try a magic. Silly boy, but as for the Roc being fine for an overstable mid... I've found this. I usually run a beat Comet (most understable disc) Z Comet (stable), fleshy KC Roc (stable, hyzers a touch better), Beat DX Roc (stable to overstable), and a flat top DX Roc (overstable) and what I have found is that due to wind they all get kicked down a notch in stability so the fleshy comet becomes unusable, the Z become very understable, the KC very understable, and so forth. The prob is I need something that won't bounce around in the wind and still hyzer out. Enter discs like the Gator, Blaze and Demon, Horney. Which I will try out, and is why I kinda just want to grind down to Rocs only and 0/1 comet.

starting to add drivers now actually. Stalker and a Leo. I'm not worried about hyzering everything for two reasons, I've learned decent enough form. And because they're slower fairway drivers they won't be as touchy as faster ones.

Wait. The Gator, Blaze and Demon are horney?

LMAO Been waiting for someone to hit a "Y" on their keyboard instead of "T". Mesohorny for Hornet.

Of those discs, the Hornet is just a touch more OS than a new KC Roc while the others are probably more noticeably so. I've been actually thinking about pairing a Roc or something with my Hornet to where I could do a stage of ware deal, but I'm not big on that Roc Lip so I don't know. I just know Im becoming less and less a fan of discs that are under-stable out of the box.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
check what time I posted that. It was late, and I was so tired. And being engaged... so horney...

The Z horney's are really stiff, I hope they do a run of X that will loosen up for me to hit that sweet spot.

Anyway... QSen eh bro d? are they really wind fighting overstable? sounds like a good fit to me... now to buy one and try it out!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Oh yeah, all these people that have been paying mucho dinero for premium plastic Rocs for wind fighting could be saving a big chunk of change if they just threw Q Sents. They feel very Roc-like too, except they're slightly lower profile.

The Sanny Q Sents are very overstable, like Hornet overstable. In fact, when the Hornet came out I lot of people thought that it reminded them of the Sanny Q Sent. The WWW mold is overstable too but it's a lot more workable.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

I always heard people shelling out cash for premium rocs could save money if they just threw Wasps... Is the Q Sent a regular beveled disc or a winged mid (like panthers)?
Old 04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
* Ace Member *

MMMkk...

Putters
This KC is officially a tester/first to beat in as quick as freaking possible. I'm going to go for 2 putting putters and 2-3 driving putters. I'd like to just do 4-6 at most... 4 if possible.

Mids
While I like my Comets the Roc kinda showed it up all weekend... I may just go 3-5 DX Rocs in various stages of wear and keep around the ESP comet for grins and giggles.

Fairways
Cyclone more to come soon.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
the cyclone will treat you well. I would go TP or ESP, the Pro D is super fragile (at least the new ones)
Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm not looking on keeping it long
Old 04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Okay... jubuttib finally talked me into a MD2... so I'll be playing around with some. I'm set on the KC Aviar and I'll be solidifying and toying around with the Mid Line up.

I'll be working with
Comets and Rocs are the current standard but I will be trying out MD2s and working in the Buzzz for another trial run. I doubt the buzzz will make it but I just wanted to give it another run. Then I'll snag some wind mids in the Sentinel and maybe try another one like the gator or drone... but we'll see.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Putter
2 BB Aviars - one beat one new. The new one will just be shelved till the beat one really beats in.
-Going to test out D and S P2s. (bummed there are not stiff P2s...)

Mid
2 Comets - one beat esp and fresh Z
2 DX Rocs - one beat love, one new overstable
-tested the MD2, it may be replacing things. Testing a Z Buzzz.
Overstable mid will be chosen after I iron out how I feel about the MD2.

Fairway
Pro Leopard - my nose up issues will be ironed out
-may test DX Gazelle

Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Okay the bag is thus.

Challengers rooted out the BB KC Aviars. We will see if that last or if I'm just going through a discraft fad...

Comets are still in and kicking hard.
Rocs are out for a little while

ESP Cyclone has made its way into the bag and is being rather appreciated.
I have a Z Predator for whatever I need it to do.