Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
okie dokie, bag is this atm

2 stiff as cam todd Pro D Challengers. I learned how to tell good challenger's from the others while I was in Michigan and I feel like good D Challengers can match my KC Aviars and day of the week. The best ones I've found are orange and white.

TP Comet - flippy and beat silly, warped even.
175+ ESP Comet - lovely, these 3rd runs are the best.
177 Red Z Comet - I want to find more of these. I use it when its windier, does lots of cool things.

171g ESP Cyclone - I have never been this happy with a fairway driver. I finally found a fit to start bringing in fairway drivers.

Heavy Green Z Pred - overstable utility.

I also enjoy KC Aviar's and DX Rocs. But they'll be out of the bag for a little while so I can test these out. Let me know what you think.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
what would you compare the Cyclone to? I have heard a few say Eagle-X but i have never thrown one.. currently i throw rocs and kc aviars so curious to see how things turn out
Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Well I've never actually thrown any of the eagles sadly. But I've been using it to learn nose down... I only throw it with a touch of hyzer it goes pretty straight.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 PM
*Legalize It*

gotcha..sounds kinda like an Eagle-L .. i had heard it was kinda like an Eagle-X but they have a good bit of fade.. i do kinda have a noodle arm tho so they might actually be kinda close but yeah looks like a nice simple, solid bag.. i have been wanting to get a smaller bag then my Carolina so i could go to a setup like this for non tourny rounds
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 39
I've heard the cyclone is like a gazelle, but i've never thrown either.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
what would you compare the Cyclone to? I have heard a few say Eagle-X but i have never thrown one.. currently i throw rocs and kc aviars so curious to see how things turn out
I'm an Eagle thrower, and have thrown an ESP Cyclone a bit. The Cyclone flies a good bit like an Eagle-X, but a touch slower in my experience. I've also read somewhere that the Gazelle is basically Innova's answer to/version of a Cyclone. I would tend to think that the Cyclone/Gazelle comparison is a pretty apt one.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinjack View Post
I'm an Eagle thrower, and have thrown an ESP Cyclone a bit. The Cyclone flies a good bit like an Eagle-X, but a touch slower in my experience. I've also read somewhere that the Gazelle is basically Innova's answer to/version of a Cyclone. I would tend to think that the Cyclone/Gazelle comparison is a pretty apt one.
Yeah, the ESP IMO is slower, like a beat Eagle X or a brand new Champ EL (less dome). They basically have a little wiggle to them, kind of like a Stalker, except w/o the goofy wide diameter and bead of the Stalker.

I like them a lot but I keep losing them so...
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

I really want to try a TP Cyclone... but I don't know if I'll ever know the joy of a fairway driver I love. But so far its rather nice.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
*Legalize It*

cool thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated

Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

As a TP Cyclone Hoarder, the Gazelle And Eagle comparison doesn't do them Justice. They aren't really close to either, but sort of a mix. Personally as a Roc thrower the best way to describe a Cyclone is a LONGER ROC! /****es pants Seriously though, everything about them from the way they're thrown to the way they fly and react. Especially the TP's scream longer Roc. Brand new they are just stable enough to get out of their own way, from there they turn into one of the most predictable turning drivers with a decent hit of fade. Then that fade goes the way of the Dodo bird a d you're left with the straightest thing besides, well a Roc... You get the picture, simply beautiful. They're almost so identical to Rocs I found myself not throwing them. If not thrown correctly their distance also goes the way of the Dodo, and it sits beside the Roc like the pals they are.

On another note, why havn't you tried a Warlock or Dart? Netrual putter hater... But, you'll need a few and in various stages of wear like any good disc to get the full affect.