Old 06-30-2011, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
How long did you stick with a putter? I had the same thing you are talking about with discs finding their way back in the bag on their own and happy to be there but a putter is different. There were times where I kind of resented my Magic. I would be like "If you were an Ion, I could have thrown you further right there." or "If you were a Wizard, I would have made that putt cause you would have dropped just a little more." *shakes fists* In reality, had I thrown my mid, I would have got the disc further and if I would have not held on too long, I wouldn't have missed high and to the right.

I probably would have given up on the Magic like I have done countless other discs, if it hadn't been for the fact I had like 12 of them and got rid of every other putter I had. There were several times of "What was I thinking" that I pushed through but just recently did I really see how great it has been. Sold a friend a couple of those Magics when he was in a pinch and needed something right away, and it actually made me kind of sad to not see them in my practice basket anymore.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
yeah... challenger is nice though...

maybe I'll do another lil putter love run.
Not a give-in but it would prolly be this. The Challenger is a nice disc.
Challenger
KC Aviar
Magnet
Warlock
Ion
Wizard

and the bag is this atm
Challenger
Rattler
Comet
Roc
Cyclone
Avenger SS
Pred
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Your bag is starting to resemble mine and for good reason! I love my disc for what they do when thrown correctly. I actually dropped the Roc for a long time, I sold them all like an idiot and couldn't find anything to perform quite like it. In terms of putters, I'm in a huge trial stage myself. Nothing new fangled really. My bag is so solid I can't find anything better for me. Everything else I've tried a lot of other disc in their place, and so far everything keeps coming back.

Pred, nothing better.
OLF, Wha! Thing is amazing
Gazelle/Cyclone ok, I lied... This one still confuses me, I can't decide. ;(
Roc, duh.
Darts are very well Rounded, and I probabaly will never replace them.

So, as you see most things just no point in auditioning anything new, as nothing will match the current versatility. The Putters are something more or less to pass time and keep my brain occupied, not to mention good field practice! I'm going to throw the Warlock against the Dart here soon. Perhaps I'll actually convert. Doubt it, evrything I've tried I keep going back to the Darts.

I think that's the end of my rambling, thanks for letting me borrow your thread. /hands it back, only slightly used.

Last edited by Lithicon; 07-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Nah its cool. I think there is something to the kind of bag we put together. Its not that I believe these are the end all beat all discs. But I've liked throwing Rocs for a long time, they've just always stuck. And after a short time with the Cyclone I see how it is so much like a longer Roc. So naturally it sticks because I feel like I'm just throwing a longer version of a disc I already throw well. The Pred is just an awesome disc, and since I have a super beat in one I see why it is in every discraft player's bag. The Comet is where I'm looking to make a decision, just Rocs or have some Comets. If so, how many of each. Then playing with putters, the challenger is a solid disc. It may stay, but I still want to test it against some others for that "I haven't tried any other disc that can just push it out" feel.

And from the sounds of the new Ions I might be willing to give them another try.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Ready to start some putter testing!!!
I found my old KC Aviar and am excited to test it out again. I have a nice run of challengers, some wizards and warlocks, and I want to get a hold of an Ion and a Magnet. But we'll see after I finish getting rid of my junk discs and finish moving...

Right now bag is
whatever putter I choose
Rattler
Rocs
Cyclone
Pred

comet is out for just a bit... I want to see how much I miss it.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Challenger, Warlock, and Wizard are currently in the running. Going to test out some new Ions soon. The challenger is a surprisingly good disc. The Wizard is nice but it is in 3rd. The warlock is way better than I thought it would be.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

The Warlock is a really really really nice disc. Neutral putters are really nice.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
lol I will say I have never tried the Warlock but I don't have to because I love my Magics. Its almost like being married. Once you find that woman you marry, as soon as you screw around with another girl, things just will never be the same with the one you married.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Lol, oh but they'll warm up to you again when they remember how sweet you were.

Glad you're liking them, I'm working on getting a few myself again. I got rid of all mine like a dummy. They were mostly softs though. I want SS and SSS.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
* Ace Member *

you admitting to adultery? The Warlock really seems like the choice, and I think that using anything else will start feeling like cheating. The Wiz is alright, but the challenger is very nice. Almost feels like I'm cheating, if the warlock wasn't so good. Right now it feels like dating, and I found a winner Still want to test the ion though.