Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Welp! I will be testing out the ion and challenger and making a decision from there.

If the ion wins out I will probably grab a vector and axis right away. If I stay with the challenger I will probably keep the Roc Comet combo.

If I keep the Roc Comet combo I'm gonna grab some gazelles. If I go with the axis and vector I have no idea what I will do for a driver for a little while.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you go MVP I think something a touch faster than gazelle/cyclone class discs is better, such as Teebird, TL, JLS etc. Less overlap. The glide on the Axis makes it a long mid for most players.

You're making me want to try a Rattler though. For some reason lately I've wanted to play around with lids. I got myself a 100g Polecat as kind of a joke but I'm going to genuinely test it on the course too.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
If you go MVP I think something a touch faster than gazelle/cyclone class discs is better, such as Teebird, TL, JLS etc. Less overlap. The glide on the Axis makes it a long mid for most players.

You're making me want to try a Rattler though. For some reason lately I've wanted to play around with lids. I got myself a 100g Polecat as kind of a joke but I'm going to genuinely test it on the course too.
The weird thing is the rattler took 3 strokes off my game the first round I used it and since. It is funny how useful "tossing a Frisbee" style shots can be. Especially for me as I need some funky angles for being a lefty. I don't really use it out of 200' though. The other thing is, Mark Ellis hand picked it for me. Charged me $20... but took it from his "personal" collection...

if the Axis and Vector win out I will probably go pred in stages of wear and plastics.

IF<<<<<<<
I go the MVP route my bag will look like this
Putters
Light-ish M or S for putting.
168 S - driving
Rattler - turnover and utility.

Mids
hoggy FR Vector - wind, utility
Light Flat Vectory - primary mid (should work like a slightly beat in roc but I will have to test this. Maybe make it a point to wear down the bead.)
Heavy Axis- straight mid
TP Comet - turnovers and lovely friendly disc.

Fairway
FLX 170-ish Pred - wind, utility
Z or ESP Pred - Primary
ESP or X Preds - really beaten turnover utility. If these don't work like I think I would probably go for the Avenger SS

a nicely beat pred is a wonderful thing.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 37
yeah rattlers are a ton of run to throw Glong turned me on to them .. throw them from maybe say 125-150ft in.. i didnt have an ace for 2.5 years and once i tossed the rattler in i snagged two of them in a hurry lol.. I havent been using mine much as of late just b/c of wind.. do you use the stiff or soft ones?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

The one mark gave me is bendy like gateway's SS (bendy but has structure to it). It is soft like no other discraft disc I've felt. Has a satin-y feel to it. 170g baby blue.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 37
^^^ lol mine is the same.. same color too.. i do have one older one thats really stiff.. red.. but i havent thrown it much ..like the grippy softness of the baby blue
Old 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
The weird thing is the rattler took 3 strokes off my game the first round I used it and since. It is funny how useful "tossing a Frisbee" style shots can be. Especially for me as I need some funky angles for being a lefty. I don't really use it out of 200' though. The other thing is, Mark Ellis hand picked it for me. Charged me $20... but took it from his "personal" collection...
^^This is cool!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

I am switching to the Ion. These new runs are baller. And if the Axis flies like the Ion and the Vector flies like I remember I will be kicking out most the discs in my bag.

It will work like this once I get the scratch together.

2 170-ish S Ions
Rattler

Hoggy FR Vector
Light flat vector
light flat axis

FLX Pred
ESP/Z Pred
Avenger SS
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 7
That looks like a sweet bag man. Is the rattler essentially the same shape as a polecat? That's the only lid I have ever thrown.

Also... do you already have a pred beat in for turnovers?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

DG lids are DG lids. Polecat, Rattler, Sonic, whatever. They're all so similar it doesn't matter.

I have a really beat in pink z pred but I wouldn't use it for turnovers. Also as a lefty I like a disc that gets close to turn and burn because I have to have a controlled anny game to deal with all the righty hyzer shots I have to do.