Courses Played: 126
FIRST shot though
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have 2 skip aces both were intentional and both counted. First throw off a tee, doesn't matter how it goes in. If it's in the basket from the tee shot it's an ace imo.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 39
ACE LOVE

I long for my first skip ace. For one reason or another they have always been one foot one way or the other. I think it will be more exciting than a regular ace! good job!

First Ace Cass Benton MI hole 13 259 ft. z-XS. Still my favorite.

Most wanted missed ace. Flip City. Killed Chain from 275 and popped out to roll 50-75 feet away from the basket. Best disc golf course I ever played.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Most sad ace....hole 18 of my 100th played disc golf course. The Roc DGC in Tyler Tx., hit it PERFECT with a Champion Ontario Roc and it spit. Would have ended the greatest 5 rounds ever but....it spit. Still fun though. I have hit metal 4 times with that disc since then.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Non-ace sorry.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 317
All that matters is where it stops, not how it got there. A great deal of aces I've heard about are skippers.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 28.8
Courses Played: 30
Send a message via ICQ to pokamitch Send a message via Yahoo to pokamitch
That's an Ace, no doubt. I have seen them b4 and it is way cool. Some holes, that is the only way to ace it. hole #17 at Morley Feild in San Diego
Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 28.8
Courses Played: 30
Send a message via ICQ to pokamitch Send a message via Yahoo to pokamitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokamitch View Post
That's an Ace, no doubt. I have seen them b4 and it is way cool. Some holes, that is the only way to ace it. hole #17 at Morley Feild in San Diego comes to mind
That is how I have to edit my post; the bold, underlined part
Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by milow369 View Post
This makes me think of a drive I threw yesterday on hole #2 at Pease Park. This hole skirts a creek and there is a mando tree on the left side to keep people from throwing drives down the hike and bike trail. Anyway, so there is some activity on the hike & bike trail, woman walking her dog, another smaller dog just hanging out, etc. The fairway is clear, I figure I'm good to throw. The hole is long and has enough trees that it's simply not an ace possibility - for me anyway.

Just as I throw, the little dog comes darting across the fairway as if he had previous ideas about taking a dip in the creek. He finds himself running directly behind my #1 favorite driver (star wraith) flying about 2 feet above the ground down the fairway. This grabs his attention. As the disc slows, the dog grabs the disc in his mouth and begins to run down the fairway. I tried yelling but this dog isn't interested in what I have to say.

By this time I figure that I've either got tooth holes in my disc or that the dog (who has now teamed up with another dog off the leash - it is a leash free zone) is going to take it into that nasty creek, lose interest and leave my disc at the bottom of the creek or maybe just keep running.

So the dog keeps running down the fairway, now, I am tongue & cheek rooting the dog on to run to the basket, do a little jump and drop the disc in there for me. Well, he ended up dropping the disc about 40' down the fairway. I got up to it and noticed that there were no teeth marks or damage of any kind. The dog's owner was sitting on a park bench, oblivious, near the #2 basket.

I ended up making a par on the hole. This brings me to my point. It don't matter how the disc ends up in the basket but if it does it's an ace - providing it's on your first throw from the box. I would have counted that ace like my only other ace which was about as clean as they get - point A to point B without hitting anything but chains.

Enough great shots ricochet off of baskets, chains, etc. that there is no shame for when the disc golf Gods have an assist. Aces off tree limbs, skips, thumbers or tomahawks of even from the mouths of dogs are aces.

Good Luck and get some more!
Err, so you played it from where the dog dropped it?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 284
I once predicted a skip ace. Hole #15 at AVBC (the one that used to have the trailer backstop). A skip shot seemed like the only way for it to go in, so I said "I'm going to throw sidearm between those trees and skip it in"... The disc went between the trees, skipped when I yelled "skip", and smashed it in the middle. My friends went crazy - not because of the ace, but because I called it.
DSCJNKY