Old 04-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 2
girlfriend finally played game

been begging her for months. She loved it. I had to get stiches, but thats beside the point. I let her use a few of my disk. She shot +4. I shot -5. PS I mostly only tried on my drives. Tried to help her a lot. Here is what I am about to purchase is this a good move or bad move.
Cheetah Disc Golf, Discs, Innova DX, Standard, 145, Yellow
Gazelle Disc Golf, Discs, Innova DX, Standard, 146, White
Stingray Disc Golf, Discs, Innova DX, Standard, 150, Orange 1
Element Disc Golf, Discs, Gateway S-Series, Standard, 150, Gray
Old 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
been begging her for months. She loved it. I had to get stiches, but thats beside the point. I let her use a few of my disk. She shot +4. I shot -5. PS I mostly only tried on my drives. Tried to help her a lot. Here is what I am about to purchase is this a good move or bad move.
Thats great. Its nice when you play together. My wife will walk the course with me, but I can't get her to play.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I don't know if I agree with the colors

Gratz on getting your girl to play too bad about the stiches, but then again chicks dig scars
Old 04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 317
I'd forgo the Stingray and get her a putter instead, something in the 165-170 range, as I don't see much need for 150 class putters. Other than that cool.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

already purchased a putter. I have some spare ones that I don't use that would be good for her. I already purchased the items anyway.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Good luck, my girl has played alot in the past and has walked with me in tourneys for years. I hope yours styas with it. Mine has game but just doesnt play anymore after I got her a bag and lots of plastic. Oh well. Hats off to you
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 27.7
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan Send a message via Skype™ to Donovan
I agree, stay away from all the 150 discs unless you live somewhere where there is no wind at all. If you are worried that weight is to much for her go for higher 167's and higher. It will be easier to get used to heavier discs with time, but not if she starts at 150. That might be alot to overcome easily.

I for one think the stingray is a good choice, depending on how strong she is. If she is not that strong, it's a disc many new people can throw fairly straight.

I also agree with getting her a putter and I would make sure it is 174/175 weight. Heavy putters just work better for most people; even for my 11 year old does well with them.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
I agree, stay away from all the 150 discs unless you live somewhere where there is no wind at all. If you are worried that weight is to much for her go for higher 167's and higher. It will be easier to get used to heavier discs with time, but not if she starts at 150. That might be alot to overcome easily.

I for one think the stingray is a good choice, depending on how strong she is. If she is not that strong, it's a disc many new people can throw fairly straight.

I also agree with getting her a putter and I would make sure it is 174/175 weight. Heavy putters just work better for most people; even for my 11 year old does well with them.

We get wind literally almost never. She only weighs like 120. She through my 148 chetah great untill it got lost on hole 11.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
My old lady has a Champ 150 Teebird tht goes further then anything she has...so I stongly disagree with 150class. Just get something Champion. I have a Champion Roc that I have in my bag and have let her throw that before and same thing! What Im saying is 150 Champion plastic is sweet even in the wind, Dont knock it till you try it. Putters, yes stay heavy.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 28.7
Courses Played: 30
Send a message via ICQ to pokamitch Send a message via Yahoo to pokamitch
I think you made some great choices on the disc for her. Having them all 150 class isn't really needed. The Stingray at about 164-169 would be fine (a putter in those weights would be great as well). The other choices are perfect. The reason I say the Sting can be heavier, some of the light 1s get flippy