Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 126
Well first of all, whats up with the 15 second police response, you cant get that if you shoot someone who breaks in your house. Second of all, this video makes me think this guy is even more full of it, everything seems so set up! Anyways, yes at old Shawnee park here, years ago, they used to ride around on bikes and pop people drinking at the course, along with other things. But I have seena couple of guys get drinking in public tickets from Plano police. That really funny because the locals that play there now are not as secret as we were about it and it seems they dont care now, so I dont know maybe a change in the times. At Will Rogers in OKC, there is a state trooper shack right across the street from te front 9 and they dont seem to care as long as your not actin a fool! Now thats nice.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 16
I've never been stopped on the course but one time I did see a patrol cruiser rolling down the sidewalk in the middle of Greenway (Beaverton, OR), it was pretty strange to see any vehicle driving through the middle of a park let alone a cop. A buddy told me once he was playing Milo McIver and he asked a random golfer if he wanted to "partake", the player responded "well actually Im an off duty officer but if you guys want to just keep it away from me". They said he was cool about it but they still didnt light up, playing the next 27 long holes with the guy!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
When I was young and played glow rounds after park hours a lot, I had to make several mad dashes away from flashlight-yielding officials of some sort, be it of the Park Ranger or Law Enforcement variety.
Were you wasted or on probation? Or are cops really that bad in your area? If a cop stopped me while golfing I would have a chat with them, since I figure they probably think we are just a bunch of new age hippies throwing frisbees around...
Old 04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 51
While at the course in Brighton, CO I was playing with a friend. We had finished up the 9 holes and we were putting some discs at the basket for hole 1. No one else was around that day because the course was still real new. I heard some shouting coming from the other side of the park. We looked up to see three cop cars driving in the park chasing after a teenage kid. He was running trying to get away from the cops. He got as far as the creek and realized he could not go any further. The police did not hesitate to take their chance and busting him hard right on the tee pad for hole 2. we finished up our putting practice and tried to leave. One of the cop cars was blocking my truck. Had to make him move.

Never had any run ins of my own, and I have not seen any other cops at any courses.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
Never seen any at the course. Seen a few park rangers but that's about it.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420discgolf View Post
Were you wasted or on probation? Or are cops really that bad in your area? If a cop stopped me while golfing I would have a chat with them, since I figure they probably think we are just a bunch of new age hippies throwing frisbees around...
I kind of assumed he was talking young, like under 18 and breaking curfew. I've run from cops when I was younger and the only thing I was doing wrong was being outside in the middle of the night. But if you know the area it can seem like a better idea than trying to explain to a cop why you're out and then explain to your parents why a cop is bringing you home.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Courses Played: 35
No personal run ins but I did witness four guys get busted after passing around a foot tall bubbler on the course. Apparently someone made a complaint that they had a bong on the course.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRick View Post
No personal run ins but I did witness four guys get busted after passing around a foot tall bubbler on the course. Apparently someone made a complaint that they had a bong on the course.
I've seen blatant smoking on courses around my area but damn nothing like that.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRick View Post
That is beyond stupid of them. I'm shocked that not one but four people thought that would be a good idea.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
When I was young and played glow rounds after park hours a lot, I had to make several mad dashes away from flashlight-yielding officials of some sort, be it of the Park Ranger or Law Enforcement variety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420discgolf View Post
Neither. I was well over 18 as well. I worked in the parks and recreation field. It's kind of a no-no to get a ticket for being in a park after hours when you are a Recreation Supervisor. The ticket I got for playing whiffleball made my boss all sorts of mad.

As far as chatting with the Cops...if you are in a urban or suburban park after hours, the Cops most likely will assume you are scoring dope or looking to score with a male prostitute. They might think you are a new age Frisbee hippie, but they most likely will also assume that you are a gay meth-head new age Frisbee hippie. That kinda diminishes their interest in "chatting."