Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 57
I always liked the Mike Tyson version best, though I never played the Vodka Drunkinski version. There was just a certain amount of charm about trying to fight a guy who was at the top of his game than later completely had his career/life fall apart.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
And the best part is you can find Punch Out on the internet and play it when you're not surfing DGCR!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
play it when you're not surfing DGCR!
when is that exactly? When I'm out actually playing is really the only time when I'm not on here...

I have Punch Out downloaded with an emulator on my computer, that and a handful of classic games from the NES.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by srm_520 View Post
Jealousy...a terrible and painful emotion.

It's okay, you can get drunk to deal with it when he can't! (legally) There, the balance in the world is restored.
can i cut off his arm and place it on my shoulder? or is that wrong?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
i do a 360 after i release on my longer throws just to keep me from tweaking anything but would never do it before since i would probally end up on the ground or in the hospital.

I wouldnt get too discouraged about these record throws(not just wiggins but all of them) as most of them are not on level ground with no wind and they generaly wouldnt work out to well on a real course. What they need to do is get together with the guiness guys take all these dudes to a huge hanger and close the doors.

Im not dissing wiggens at all and i give him mad props but if he played some super wooded courses with long tunnel shots hed probally get his as* handed to him in the int or am divisions.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 84
he learned to play in north carolina, he's good in the woods also...his rating is close to 1000, so im sure he can beat most am players..
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.2
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega SuperSloth View Post
Im not dissing wiggens at all and i give him mad props but if he played some super wooded courses with long tunnel shots hed probally get his as* handed to him in the int or am divisions.
Or not. Watched him play the Atlanta Open first and second rounds this year at my home course, East Roswell Park, which is as wooded/technical as they come. He finished 17th in an extremely tough 60-player Men's Open field (won by Climo, followed by Barry Schultz, Paul McBeth, Brad Hammock, Cale Leviska, David Feldberg, Eric Roadhouse, Jeff Layland, Kevin McCoy, Will Schusterick, Avery Jenkins, Jay Woodroof, Geoffrey MacReynolds, Devan Owens, Jason Makarovich, Paul Ulibarri, and then Wiggins). Pretty elite company for a 13 yr old. He finished ahead of at least 4 1000+ rated players in Men's Open.

The tournament included two rounds at ERP and two at Central Park in Cumming, which is more open than ERP, though still with a mix of open and wooded holes. Your basic idea's not so far off -- his score for the two rounds at ERP was 17 strokes off Climo's pace, and well back in the middle of the pack, while his Central Park rounds were competitive with the leaders -- Shultz and Climo both shot 117 for the final two rounds at Central (though Climo was admittedly coasting on a huge lead in the last round), while Wiggins shot a 121 for those two rounds -- only 4 strokes off their pace). There was the complicating factor that the rounds at ERP were beset by torrential rain and thunderstorms; it was much colder and windier the next day at Central, but mostly dry.

So he definitely played closer to the leaders on the more open course, but he wasn't exactly lost in the woods either. Definitely didn't get any part of his anatomy handed to him.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
i did go after i posted that and look at the pdga sight and hes better than i thought and the as* handed part i was just playing off what somebody else already said he would do to open players and didnt mean it in a mean way. As* handed to him is maybe was a little strong but it looks like hed wouldnt hand anyone there own as* in advanced div. at a heavily wooded course but hes got lots of time and will get better .
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Wow! so he is competing with top pros at age 13.....so when does Innova name a disc after him? Reminds me of when Tiger turned 18....everyone was just waiting for him to go pro! Will he be able to compete at worlds, is he signed, etc. etc.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
http://www.1000rated.com/2008/10/up-...id-wiggins-jr/
Just answered my own question I guess!