Disc Golf Store

Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you consider a gimmie?
Putt Everything, No Gimmies! 16 22.54%
If You Can Touch Chains, It's A Gimmie. 43 60.56%
Anything Inside 10ft... 8 11.27%
Other (Specify In Post) 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
We paly for money all the time, and all of us know each others putting game and therefore we are always good to each other. Now if its windy or someone is having an off day.....fair game baby! Usually 5 footers are good thoughor basically leaners.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 224
all on the people -- league play, gotta touch the chains. friends, somewhere ~10'
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
At the last tournament I played someone was saying that there is a rule now that if the group agrees that the disc is a gimme, they can give it to the person without them putting. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Doubt it, that could get ugly if you were playing with a bunch of your friends or something like that. Might say ya for you and not for someone else.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega SuperSloth View Post
i cant remember ever missing a 10 footer on level ground in a serious round or when playing alone , now when im playing with some noobs or crappy dgrs sometimes ill just kinda willy nilly it( throw without looking ,between the legs, behind the back) or shoot with my left hand with my bag on my shoulder and blow one but thats only to keep te score close and make them fill better.

If i or anyone after playing for 7-8 years can still miss a 10 footer on level ground we should just give up.

Wow! I'm never giving up the game and missed putts happen all the time. Guess Omega never loses discs over water since he can just walk on it and go retrieve it. Wow. As I've said before NOTHING is a gimme unless you can lean over and touch the chains with the disc. No one is perfect. Show me, bang those chains!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 39
I've seen ball golfers allow gimmees until it was to their advantage to have an opponent putt out, hoping the pressure would unnerve them. I putt out everything. I'm not good enough to say I would make everything inside 10'.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by milow369 View Post
Do your dg buddies, knowing that you will always be putting out officially and near the basket on every hole, regularly ask you to clean up their parked shots? I can see how that might get annoying...but hey, since you are down there could you get that please? thanks...
Oh yeah. And I'll ask them if they want me to pick them up sometimes, especially on those holes where the next tee is back the other way.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 50
I voted for if you can touch chains, it's a gimmie, and I typically play by that rule. I'll pick up the disc and smack the chains and go to the next hole. If a round is real casual, we (my normal group) will usually pick up inside of 10ft.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0049 View Post
At the last tournament I played someone was saying that there is a rule now that if the group agrees that the disc is a gimme, they can give it to the person without them putting. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
I doubt this is true, but if I were playing a tourney and everyone decided my putt was a gimme, I'd take it. I don't see how this could work to everyone else's advantage though. If I'm playing for cash, I wanna see you make that putt, even if it's parked under the basket.