Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 AM

I've played this course a handful of times so far since I live half mile away. There is 18 holes, the first 9 are surrounded by low hanging tree's and somewhat separated from the second 9. Probably an 1/8th mile walk from hole 9 to hole 10. I dig the first 9, the second 9 has some long wide open throws and the wind has just been crazy lately.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Birdie Member

I played this course for the first time today. there are 3 holes on the back nine that are completely wide open. Wind this morning was blowing about 30 mph. I threw a Trident on a couple of these holes that were facing straight into the wind and it flew in a pretty flexed out S-curve.

Front 9, thumbs up. Back 9, thumbs sideways.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Myself & three of my kids play. I like the balance of a short technical front nine with trees & an open distance back nine. Long open holes in OKC are bears because of our wind. This afternoon had 30mph sustained! The trees on the front nine are trimmed 6' high cedars, elms, & oaks. The turf on the course is groomed & dense enough for play without mud after the rain

Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Got to play Wild Horse yesterday morning. Not as bad as I would've feared, not as good as I would've hoped.

The ups:
- Course is generally pretty safe to play. 11-12 come pretty close to the walking path but there are warning signs and plenty of open view so pedestrians and players can see each other.
- Flow is pretty easy to follow. Even the long walk from 9 to 10 didn't bother me.
- Bathroom right between the nines. Don't know how much they keep it open, but hey, no need to use the woods.

The downs.
- Holes 11-15. Redundant bomber holes. PLEASE plant some trees or make some tall grass rough.
- Teepads. They shouldn't have been poured for at least a year. On top of that, they are already 2-3" above grade and constitute a tripping hazard. The tee pad on Hole 2 is like 45 degrees off kilter. I know they were perhaps trying to design a dog leg like hole, but there is no need for that. Anyone who's played enough disc golf knows you can go over and under objects just as easily as you can around them.

An okay play. I couldn't give it more than 2.5 in a review though. Personally, I liked the new course in Noble a lot better.