Old 05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 60
Lame Short Flip City Reviews

I REALLY would love to see some better reviews and impressions of this magnificent course, especially as it sits firmly at the number one spot in reviews. Kind of getting sick of the one or two sentences that have been called '"reviews" lately for this course. Hell, I would even want to see Dave242 play and pre, er review Flip.

Luckily the course does deserve to be in the top spot due to many many things.

PS I completely call "bogus review" on AxelVals super lame review of Flip. I will bet 100 dollars he never has set foot on the course. Tim couldn't you just check his IP and location and see if they even correlate with being near Flip. I suspect not.

Last edited by tomjulio; 05-01-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 188
I'd bet a large % are done by puppets. There is a HUGE quality shortage.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 244
Throwing Style: RHBH
AxelVal is indeed in Michigan
Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 49
I agree with you completly, the reviews on flip are pretty poor in quality for a good number of them. I liked to see certain bad reviews after a certain number of votes be deleted. There is one guy who is writing reviews for knollwood, grand woods, and robert morris who hasn't even played them.!. But a 3 at Flip!! He must have lost 5 discs and sprain his ankle to rate it that bad, that course is GREAT!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
I beg your pardon if my words are sacrilege, but why do the Flip City reviews get so much attention? Is it really that big a deal to hold the #1 rank? I get the feeling there's almost a cultish attitude towards the place. I'm sure it's great, maybe the best, but man. Two threads in one week about somebody's bad review of Flip City. Would this happen for any other course?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I beg your pardon if my words are sacrilege, but why do the Flip City reviews get so much attention? Is it really that big a deal to hold the #1 rank? I get the feeling there's almost a cultish attitude towards the place. I'm sure it's great, maybe the best, but man. Two threads in one week about somebody's bad review of Flip City. Would this happen for any other course?
Flip or not Flip..any review that breaks from the norm ranking of a course should really explain themselves with more than two sentences. Dave242's review of Idlewild for example is what I would love to see if one were to go against the grain of any top 10 course.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 369
Minimal verbiage in a review

Shouldn't all reviews, other than maybe "this course doesn't exist any more" , take more than two sentences to explain themselves? While we certainly don't need a tome on every course, how helpful are reviews that (more or less) simply say "this is the best course ever!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjulio View Post
Flip or not Flip..any review that breaks from the norm ranking of a course should really explain themselves with more than two sentences. Dave242's review of Idlewild for example is what I would love to see if one were to go against the grain of any top 10 course.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 453
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGtourist View Post
I'd bet a large % are done by puppets. There is a HUGE quality shortage.
I bet alot of people just want to rate the course and don't want to write a review so they do the only thing they can and write just enough to make it pass the letter count and hit submit. There should be ratings and then there should be reviews. Some people write such great reviews so there is nothing left to add about the course and in my opinion no need for more reviews to be written.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjulio View Post
I REALLY would love to see some better reviews and impressions of this magnificent course, especially as it sits firmly at the number one spot in reviews. Kind of getting sick of the one or two sentences that have been called '"reviews" lately for this course. Hell, I would even want to see Dave242 play and pre, er review Flip.

Luckily the course does deserve to be in the top spot due to many many things.

PS I completely call "bogus review" on AxelVals super lame review of Flip. I will bet 100 dollars he never has set foot on the course. Tim couldn't you just check his IP and location and see if they even correlate with being near Flip. I suspect not.
You mean I can't just write a review of all the top 10 courses in order to bump my trusted reviewer status to the next level I mean really, all I should need to do is say how cool it is and give it a 5 rating and I'm off to the races with the "thumbs up"...... lol ..... jk of course.

Shoot - by now I'm not so sure I would even want to review any of the top 10 courses with a write up! I think I would prefer to just add my detailed course review that I have recently started completing for course played (thanks to Olorin's tutolage). This way I don't have to deal with the controversy I think the detailed course review is another great way to give people an idea of the course difficulty. It's more objective than the personal opinion of the reviewer which is kind of nice.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 55
flip tip city is hard to judge. It is full of local 1 line reviews all with 5 votes. If you think a course is the ultimate disc golf destination, you should have a list of great memories of your experience there. just look at the voters played list and you can tell which are the bogus reviews.