Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
The straightest flying disc I have ever thrown (RHBH) is the Discraft XL.
That must be a beat one, because my XL fades to the left. The flight rating for an XL is -1/+3, so it has some fade at the end.

I tried my sons LS Polaris on a very tight fairway yesterday (10ft wide) and that disc went almost dead straight with no fade. I (cough, cough) kind of borrowed it from him for a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdisc View Post
I am looking to throw it long and straight.
Star Valk or Wraith
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
alot of people suggest the wraith but i doubt most of them can actually get it up to speed in max weight, the same thing with the orc if your not getting it up to speed itll throw alot like a beast or starfire so until you figure out your speed id start with something slower like a 175teebird .
Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 81
I recently played a round with a pro whom I did not know was a pro until we had played almost the entire round but he kept nailing these beautiful long narrow fairways right down the middle. He almost aced a couple of such 350'ish holes (and I'm talking straight and narrow) and his go to disc was a Pro Starfire. I've never seen a disc go so far and so straight with no turnover and no fade.

I have a Champion Starfire and a Star Starfire L and they are both more pigish than my destroyer so I don't even throw them. I guess the Pro plastic beats in easier so his disc had reached it's sweet spot.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
the pro starfire is a starfire long , i had one but it was 175 so i coundnt get it up to speed so it just hooked really bad.

im not sure what you mean by piggish but i find the lighter weight champs to be a little more floppy so i can start them out with a little anny kinda mimicing the high speed turn of the longs making it a great tunnel shot disc and if i need a little more of a hyzer shot i use a heavier one .
Old 05-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
I recently played a round with a pro whom I did not know was a pro until we had played almost the entire round but he kept nailing these beautiful long narrow fairways right down the middle. He almost aced a couple of such 350'ish holes (and I'm talking straight and narrow) and his go to disc was a Pro Starfire. I've never seen a disc go so far and so straight with no turnover and no fade.

I have a Champion Starfire and a Star Starfire L and they are both more pigish than my destroyer so I don't even throw them. I guess the Pro plastic beats in easier so his disc had reached it's sweet spot.
That was me sidewinding. How you been old friend?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
That was me sidewinding. How you been old friend?
Sorry I beat you so bad. If you would've told me how good you were sooner I probably would'nt have played so well.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
We both know you don't even play disc golf so you can just drop the act now.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 98
The Discraft Cyclone is my recommendation for a first time RHBH. I found this disc about 10 years to late but it is still the straightest flying, easiest to use, fairway driver I have ever thrown. Think a slower teebird with more glide and you get the idea.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Well, I don't really know what to say because I kinda disagree with some of the stuff I've already read.

Everyone busts on the monarch but everyone hails the valk. I have a star valk and a champ monarch and see very little difference between the two as far as stability is concerned. Sure, there is probably a difference, but my technique is very far from being a constant.
I've been playing for about two and a half years now, and I can choose to turn a monarch over , or a valk, or a destroyer for that matter, but getting the exact amount of hyzer or anhyzer you want on any disc is a thing i believe we all struggle with. If you consistantly turn over a monach, have you tried throwing it at the same speed with a hyzer angle?
Keep in mind the record was set with a valk. not a boss... not a firebird....
Is anyone getting my point here?