Disc Golf Store
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
i think we should name 16 at freeman "bye bye disc"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
now why would that be?
This is the one he's talking about.

The water is low in this picture, the basket is typically only 12ft from the edge of the lake. It's not a long hole, about 230ft carry or so over the lake, but anything short and left is gone. You can bail to the right, and even if you don't make it across the water, it is shallow enough to retrieve (within 15ft of the bank or so), but over where the basket is gets a little deeper. I've probably dumped 5or6 in there in the last couple of years. When the wind is blowing off of the lake, this is a trickly little tee shot.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 13
brandywine although not my local course has 3 holes that are deemed the beauty the beast and the fatherless
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamahawk View Post
No worries, I had the same issue!
Go to the UserCP to edit your signature. Type in the text that you want to be your link, highlight the text, and click the little "earth" icon with the link on it. It will pop up a box where you can enter the URL. Just copy and paste the web address into this field, and there's your text link.

I had to ask timg this same question about a week ago...
thank you very much.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 32
Bryan Park Hole #14. Has a fairway with a group of trees/rough to the left. In the summer many homeless or just "regulars" sit inside there to drink and smoke. We have affectionatley called this hole "Hobo Alley" for a long time.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 39
Hole #4 at East Roswell Park in Roswell, GA (Atlanta metro) has four old truck trailers permanently parked along the left side of the fairway.

You can just see the tops peeking over the top of the ridge in this shot from the blue tees:

Here's a shot from the fairway with the last three trailers in view:

The basket is another 90-100 ft past the last trailer, way over to the left, on a slope that drops at least 15 ft or so down behind the basket, with shule all around.

And for fun, here's a shot of Ken Climo trying to extricate himself from between the last two trailers during the 2008 Atlanta Open (sorry for the quality -- it rained all day, and this was the last shot I got before the moisture that got into my camera fogged it up completely).

Naturally, the hole is known far and wide (especially after hosting a National Tour event this year) as "the trailer hole".

It's part of a group of holes (3 through 5) that are among the most open on an otherwise extremely wooded course, but which as a result are completely surrounded by nearly impenetrable kudzu during the warmer months of the year. Shank a drive off the fairway, and you could be looking all day for a disc in there. Collectively, those holes have been nicknamed "Kudzu Corner".
Old 05-03-2009, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Well that picture is a confidence booster...if Climo gets stuck in the trailers I don't feel so bad about it anymore!!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12StonesScott View Post
Hole #4 at East Roswell Park in Roswell, GA (Atlanta metro) has four old truck trailers permanently parked along the left side of the fairway.

You can just see the tops peeking over the top of the ridge in this shot from the blue tees:

Here's a shot from the fairway with the last three trailers in view:

The basket is another 90-100 ft past the last trailer, way over to the left, on a slope that drops at least 15 ft or so down behind the basket, with shule all around.

And for fun, here's a shot of Ken Climo trying to extricate himself from between the last two trailers during the 2008 Atlanta Open (sorry for the quality -- it rained all day, and this was the last shot I got before the moisture that got into my camera fogged it up completely).

Naturally, the hole is known far and wide (especially after hosting a National Tour event this year) as "the trailer hole".

It's part of a group of holes (3 through 5) that are among the most open on an otherwise extremely wooded course, but which as a result are completely surrounded by nearly impenetrable kudzu during the warmer months of the year. Shank a drive off the fairway, and you could be looking all day for a disc in there. Collectively, those holes have been nicknamed "Kudzu Corner".
whats kudzu?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamahawk View Post
This is the one he's talking about.

The water is low in this picture, the basket is typically only 12ft from the edge of the lake. It's not a long hole, about 230ft carry or so over the lake, but anything short and left is gone. You can bail to the right, and even if you don't make it across the water, it is shallow enough to retrieve (within 15ft of the bank or so), but over where the basket is gets a little deeper. I've probably dumped 5or6 in there in the last couple of years. When the wind is blowing off of the lake, this is a trickly little tee shot.
does anyone go in and retrieve discs?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty9339 View Post
brandywine although not my local course has 3 holes that are deemed the beauty the beast and the fatherless
i already posted on beauty and beast, but which one is fatherless?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
whats kudzu?
Evil. Kudzu is totally evil. Think of it as rabid ivy on steroids. It's a prime example of a destructive invasive species, introduced from Japan to the South at some World's fair or something many many decades ago. James Dickey wrote a poem about it. You could probably look it up on wikipedia.