Old 05-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
So its like spec racing? Are the discs the same size or big>?
Sort of like spec racing. The discs tend to be large diameter, but as I understand the technical discussions on the PDGA board (and there's been plenty of it) the key factors are the rim width and thickness and the degree of beveling on the rim. Anything with any sharpness to the edges (i.e., even really old obsolete special-purpose golf discs like the old DGA Kitty Hawks) is out. The more it looks and feels and weighs and flies like an ultimate disc or an old-school throw-and-catch disc, the more likely it is to meet the SC spec.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg24 View Post
no i didn't mean paid in cash, but they placed high enough to cash (ams paid out in vouchers)...they beat much higher rated players. the playing field was much more level...

yep it's like DG with discs that are more like ultimate. ultimate discs are legal, but so are ~10 other molds. a putter (like an aviar) is too high tech for SC. so it brings shorter courses into play.

scott>> ERP red would be great for SC. you could have juniors divisions in the SC tourney, right? some of the SC discs are really lightweight...the champion zeyphers are ~140g.
I see... thanks for explaining. Count me in... I'd play.

I have also tried Double Disc Court. That was a blast too.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Let me know if I can help. If I can work out my schedule, I would like to do what I can.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 111
Throwing Style: RHBH
ERP Reds would be fun. I am thinking about holding a Superclass at Lenora Park which doesn't get much Tourney action due to it's short length and mostly open holes.

I was skeptical at first, but then I got a couple of Zephyrs and have played a few full rounds. It is a lot of fun. It's also a good equalizer when I'm playing with people that are somewhat behind me in the learning curve.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
I am in man!! I just heard from Scott trying to make this a reality at ERP and I am hooked on the thought.

Anyone got a Zephyr or Te Moko they would like to trade??
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
I really want to try superclass, nobody around here has run any sc events that I've heard about recently, but I might order myself a zephyr and try it out on some of the shorter courses around here.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
* Ace Member *

get a bunch of folks hooked and run one!

Gvan, won't Lenoras wind make it very tough? I imagine those lids just get taken away at the slightest gust.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 111
I've played Lenora in the wind with Zephrys. It is manageable. I'm rethinking Lenora for a tournament though. At this point, The Alex from a mixture of the short and long tees seems more fun. With regular discs I shoot 48-52 at Lenora pretty consistently. I shoot 54-58 with Superclass, even with the wind.

Superclass discs are harder to force on complex flight lines, so courses with woods should be more fun.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah you probably wouldn't have to change Alex's par too bad, up the long ones to 5s and the rest could stay 3s I would imagine.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 39
Roswell Kids & Lids Classic, East Roswell Park, August 15

Have approval from the RDGC BOD to proceed with this, and it's getting a lot more interest here than on the ADGO board, so . . . .

The Roswell Disc Golf Club will be hosting the Roswell Kids & Lids Classic, a non-sanctioned combination juniors/SuperClass event, at East Roswell Park, Roswell, GA, on August 15. Details on divisions, entry fees, etc. are still being worked out, but expect this to be an event with more emphasis on having fun than taking home cash. My thinking was that since I've been hoping for more juniors events in the Atlanta area, and hoping for a SuperClass event, but was worried that either by itself might not draw quite enough interest, combining them would
  • Give parents of the kids playing an excuse to come out and play themselves
  • Let everyone play from the Red tees without boring the better adult players
  • help ensure that the fixed costs for an event at ERP can be covered by a very modest entry fee.

Not quite ready to take signups or anything yet -- if you want to be contacted when we get everything settled, e-mail roswelldiscgolf@gmail.com and we'll get you on the list.