Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Dynamic Discs Ranger review

I looked at a lot of bags before I settled on purchasing the Ranger. I was surprised to come across a lot of disinterest and dislike for this bag. I also have the DIY Embark that has been posted in a couple threads and was using that. For me the extra top storage, with the side storage is what is most important. 600D Polyester is durable enough(seriously what are you guys doing to your bags). The embark is made with the same material and it has no rips, no issues(I didn't even plasti-dip it either). So far i've only got 17 discs, with room for three more. I would suggest buying it. It's a lot smaller and not as boxy as it may or may not seem.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 183
So is this a ranger review thread or a DIY Embark kudos thread?

What didn't you like about the ranger?

600D polyester? hmm? Dont' know much about that, how long have you had that bag? The reason I ask is because you'd be surprised how much abuse a bag takes after a year or so of use.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
I just purchased a Ranger on Thursday. It is going to replace my Carolina because I want a more vertical bag so it sits cleaner on my back. Also, I am thinking about piecing together a golf push cart which obviously works better with a vertical bag.

My Ranger looks and feels great, but I only had it out for one serious round so far. I still use a Crunch and NutSac for recreational and fun rounds, but this Ranger better be durable enough for leagues and tournament. I have not sold my Carolina yet, and if I do not find a seller I might just put it in storage just in case. After two years of leagues and tournaments, my Carolina is still in awesome condition with no damage, rips, or tears; just some dirt. I expect no less than that from this Ranger. Do not make me regret passing up the Grip bag that for me would have been 80 dollars more expensive.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
I would definitely Plasti-Dip the bottom, the only complaint I've really heard about the Ranger is that the bottom can get worn. Love the design on all the DD bags I've seen so far.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Most every issue I've seen with the Ranger has been fixed as they upgrade them. That's something you usually only get with a custom made bag maker so I think they've really stood by the warranty and replacement on these. I'd only be concerned about using the plastidip if that somehow voids the warranty. I know I can probably do customizing on my grip like I have and still get it replaced if it has a defect. I might ask them at DD next time just for my own knowledge. I've still considered getting a ranger but I'm waiting on a green one if that ever comes. My next bag for sure is a DD soldier as soon as I can.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Most every issue I've seen with the Ranger has been fixed as they upgrade them. That's something you usually only get with a custom made bag maker so I think they've really stood by the warranty and replacement on these. I'd only be concerned about using the plastidip if that somehow voids the warranty. I know I can probably do customizing on my grip like I have and still get it replaced if it has a defect. I might ask them at DD next time just for my own knowledge. I've still considered getting a ranger but I'm waiting on a green one if that ever comes. My next bag for sure is a DD soldier as soon as I can.
Steeze,

Do you know if the Grey/Black or Red/Black have the upgrades that were done to the newer run? These are the colors I like and am about to purchase one since GRIP wanted to repair my 1st run bag instead of giving me a new one. I refused to get a patch put over a hole on the grip that the plastic bottom caused due to it wearing out.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflores View Post
Steeze,

Do you know if the Grey/Black or Red/Black have the upgrades that were done to the newer run? These are the colors I like and am about to purchase one since GRIP wanted to repair my 1st run bag instead of giving me a new one. I refused to get a patch put over a hole on the grip that the plastic bottom caused due to it wearing out.

No I don't. I imagine all new bags going out the door would be the new models otherwise they'd just probably get some angry calls when an older bag arrived. I'd give them a call and ask before you ordered just to be certain though.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflores View Post
Steeze,

I asked. Currently the only ones with all the new mods are the two blue (fracture, quasar) and the yellow. So if you like the others they will have the less reinforced bottom but still able to be replaced if you have issues.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post

600D polyester? hmm? Dont' know much about that, how long have you had that bag? The reason I ask is because you'd be surprised how much abuse a bag takes after a year or so of use.
Sorry Rib, I have been busy with class and unable to check back here. I was talking about the ranger....I play 4-5 times a week, 2 rounds everytime at least. My Ranger is showing no signs of wear or tear whatsoever and we've had mud, snow, hard ground, soft ground, rain. It may be only 600D, but it holds up well. I was saying that my embark bag was made from the same material and saw worse abuse and was fine. I carry 18-20 discs in the main compartment and a condor(for rollers) and towels in the top. Also have a stool water bottle as well, Only complaint I have about the bag really is that the putter pocket may hold two discs, but if you want to get a putter in and out then only put 1 disc in there. I keep a putter and beat in driver for rollers in the putter pocket and that is thick enough I'll post pics

Last edited by joshtrum; 02-05-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: add to my OP

Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Sorry Rib, I have been busy with class and unable to check back here. I was talking about the ranger....I play 3-5 times a week, 2 rounds everytime at least. My Ranger is showing no signs of wear or tear whatsoever and we've had mud, snow, hard ground, soft ground, rain. It may be only 600D, but it holds up well. I was saying that my embark bag was made from the same material and saw worse abuse and was fine with no signs of wear. I carry 18 discs in the main compartment two discs up top and towels in the top. Also have a stool and water bottle as well, Only complaint I have about the bag really is that the putter pocket may hold two putters, but if you want to get a putter in and out easily then only put 1 disc in there. I keep a putter and beat in driver for rollers in the putter pocket and that allows me to carry two discs in the putter pocket, but also allow me to pull my putter in and out.