Old 01-27-2016, 10:24 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default The bag of Ian .. 2016 Edition

New year so new thread! Always enjoy looking back at these and reviewing the changes or lately lack there of .. Trying to work on a few things this winter.. arm slot, grip, hips, forehand etc. but yeah here is what im currently tossing

Distance

168 FR Icon Outlaw - my windy day, beefy, dependable fade driver .. fh, bh, etc
173 Legend Nemesis - open max distance.. still testing but really really fun to throw!
168 Legend Bandit - my workhorse and a line shaping machine .. anything from hyzers to anhyzers
165 FR Icon Bandit - flippy but oh so fun .. hyzerflips, turnovers, rollers, etc.

Control

168 Pinnacle Patriot - workhorse.. this disc can honestly do it all for me
168 Pinnacle Rival (flat, stiff, seasoned) - love this disc! nice and straight w/ gentle fade
172 Legend Rival (domey,gunmetal) - the beef.. big hyzers, windy days, control forehand, etc.

Mids

174 Protege Ghost - this is the Ghost i have dreamed about.. thanks Legacy!! Great dependable mid
175 Excel Ghost (getting beat) - nice flippy woods golf disc
175 FR Icon Gauge - loved this disc in the past but had went back to my Comets.. its winter now so figured what the heck lets play with her some more and yeah i forgot how great this mold is!

Putters

175 Protege Clozer ("cream dream" orange..seasoned) my baby..
175 Protege Clozer ("cream dream" orange) - putting putter twin.. practice or if i need a touch more beef
175 Protege Clozer (stiff, grippy, white, seasoned) - upshots, touch putter drives, etc.
175 Legend Clutch - main driving putter.. possibly the best driving putter ive thrown.. perfect mold/plastic combo

Utility

169 FLX Zone (concave, fresh) - FH,BH,OH you name it! majority of my upshots and also works as a beefy tweener/mid .. put the flx in over my esp for the winter
168 FR Icon Mongoose (beat) - STUPID Understable! rollers, trick shots, etc.
168 Champ Firebird (super beat, flat) - forehands, fh rollers, windy days, all around utility
167 Glo Firebird (fresh, super flat) - stupid overstable and i love it!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 AM
*Legalize It*

Played a TON of golf this weekend! Threw the Gauge very well so its for sure staying in the bag for at least the winter to continue playing around with her. Also got to toss the Legend Nemesis a lot and I love it! it seems to fit perfectly with my arm speed and got some very smooth distance lines out of it.. hmm other than that its pretty solid.. i did have some weird putting moments yesterday during our tag rounds .. i just lost focus or "gas" (give-a-sh1t) and had some random short misses and putting is something i take pride in so that was weird but hell its was helluva fun weekend!!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25

Nice lineup! Definitely like seeing praise for the Protégé Ghost. I think they are criminally underrated/overlooked.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 AM
*Legalize It*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Nice lineup! Definitely like seeing praise for the Protégé Ghost. I think they are criminally underrated/overlooked.
yeah dude its absurd! its my favorite mid/plastic combo since... hmmm maybe old big bird dx rancho rocs or 11x rocs .. I LOVE it!! Just waiting for this one to season a bit more so i can cycle in another
Old 02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 24

Protege ghosts are great and I have easily convinced a couple people to bag one, I just keep reaching for my legend more often than not. Nice lineup!
Old 02-01-2016, 01:26 PM
*Legalize It*

^^ thanks buddy .. Yeah i have an early Gunmetal Legend thats in my car that ill toss on windy days or if i just know im going to need a mid with some extra beef .. I have always been more of a basline mid guy but i enjoy all flavors of Ghost
Old 02-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16

The Protege Ghosts are the best Roc out there right now, haha. The plastic is so good, and the stability they start with is perfect for a good, long cycle. I used one for a lot of the season last year and it just got straighter, but STILL won't flip. The thing has gouges, scrapes, and bumps but it still just holds straight. Such a good disc.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 AM
*Legalize It*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
The Protege Ghosts are the best Roc out there right now, haha. The plastic is so good, and the stability they start with is perfect for a good, long cycle. I used one for a lot of the season last year and it just got straighter, but STILL won't flip. The thing has gouges, scrapes, and bumps but it still just holds straight. Such a good disc.
couldnt say it any better myself .. I went to ghosts i guess its been hmm almost two years ago?? Something like that but it was right around the time innova started playing with the roc mold (+, 3 molds, all that stuff) and at that time their basline plastic was... well .. unless you were willing to spend time at a brick and mortar store fingering through them.. which isnt an option for me and yeah Ghosts kicked them out with no problems and i havent looked back.. but yeah im with ya my protege has been in the bag since release (of the new blend) and its still stable
Old 02-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
couldnt say it any better myself .. I went to ghosts i guess its been hmm almost two years ago?? Something like that but it was right around the time innova started playing with the roc mold (+, 3 molds, all that stuff) and at that time their basline plastic was... well
Is this the reason you started going to an all Legacy bag?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
couldnt say it any better myself .. I went to ghosts i guess its been hmm almost two years ago?? Something like that but it was right around the time innova started playing with the roc mold (+, 3 molds, all that stuff) and at that time their basline plastic was... well .. unless you were willing to spend time at a brick and mortar store fingering through them.. which isnt an option for me and yeah Ghosts kicked them out with no problems and i havent looked back.. but yeah im with ya my protege has been in the bag since release (of the new blend) and its still stable
Can't agree with you guys more. Like you, I got tired of picking through Rocs to find a run of plastic that I liked. McPro Roc3s are pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the Roc3 mold. Not a bad disc by any means, but I just couldn't make it work for me. Once I discovered the Protégé Ghost, I stocked up and now I really don't miss my DX and KC Pro Rocs.