Old 05-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 30
CO Mountain Discs

Hey guys! Heading to CO for some camping and skateboarding in a couple weeks. Looking to play some mountain courses but nothing hardcore as we will have a couple guys who aren't really into disc coming with. I figure we'll just play something that doesn't require reservations as we might only play only 9 holes before we have to move on to the next place to camp, etc.

Any recommendations for 2-3 discs that would be beneficial up there? Color preferences? Would I be good if I rocked an orange Buzzz and orange Pro Wraith with a white Magic? Not looking for the best score possible, just to enjoy a few holes throughout the trip.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
It really depends on where at in CO Mountains you are going. Since you mentioned P2P I'll assume you'll be in Conifer/Pine area. I'd highly recommend a day at the P2P courses if you get a chance.

Beaver Ranch or Confier would probably be your best bet but they both still involve moderate hiking. You might consider taking the 2-4 hours (depends on how fast you play and can handle hiking) to play the whole course because you'll be in the middle of a mountain should you decide to quit half way through.

Discs fly more OS at altitude, when you add another couple thousand feet.... Bring something flippy. You can probably get away with using your mid and putter most of the day with a fairway and driver.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yep, if you're in the Denver area and are playing at 5000-6000ft you'll notice a slight uptick in stability from your usual discs but not enough to screw you over... However if you play mountain courses above 8000ft you will find things flying drastically different. My roller discs (Roadrunner, beat Comet) become my straight drivers at that altitude so you can use that as a guide. As for colors, you should be fine with anything bright. You'll probably encounter a lot of green and brown in the landscape so avoid those colors.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Played Beaver Ranch, Conifer last week and threw:
Recycled Spike - a bunch.
GL Fuse - some.
Tournament Seer, flippy - a bunch.
Opto Saint - twice.
GL Trident - some for shapely flick upshots.

Oh yeah, it rained, hailed, sleeted, and I got sunburned.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 30
Copy that. Thanks guys! This is exactly what I needed to know! So maybe G* leopard, fresh Z Buzzz and an Aviar ought to do me right for what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations on courses that aren't grueling for non disc players? I think we can get one of these other 2 guys hooked if play a course he won't despise himself after haha.